Cardiac ameloid also

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  rebeccaR 9 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

mkgirl
    Participant

Had a devastating interview with my consultant on Friday – cardiac AL with a very poor prognosis. I’m off to the NAC on Thursday and start chemo next Monday. Everything feels very scary, and the thought of leaving my husband alone keeps making me break down. Do things get any easier? I feel so scared all of the time…

rebeccaR
    Participant

Hi, so sorry to hear your news. I don’t have AL but MM but …do things get easier? Yes over time in that you learn to live/function with it with, I guess, an underlying sadness that never truly leaves you for long but no-one else can see/feel it. I have a teen daughter and husband and we have just realised it is 2 years since I became ill with it – life has never been the same (obviously) but I do love/appreciate everything more but my husband/daughter?….I learnt very early to block any thoughts beyond this point because it makes life utterly unbearable if you don’t and the fact is you cannot influence anything so don’t waste your time torturing yourself about a future you cannot stop – and learn to live only in the present (mindfulness). This may sound a cop out/denial etc I don’t know, but it is the only way I manage and I manage it well. Neither of us like to talk about it/the future “it is what it is” so learn not to spoil today with the thought of the future – I guess until it’s almost upon you. Learn to block the future out and live solely in the present – it takes a while but you will quickly learn you cannot keep tormenting yourself mentally with it and if there are practical, financial things you need to have in place do so. Acceptance takes time and often it’s when you have mentally worn yourself out. Good luck and I hope your chemo goes well and buys you lots of time – good times filled with love, tenderness and ever lasting happy memories.

Rebecca

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Cardiac ameloid also’ is closed to new replies.