Carer's Watch

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  eve 12 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

DaiCro
    Participant

This post has been rescinded due to an overreaction and an unfair focus on an individual.

Dai.

jmsmyth
    Participant

Dai I know exactly what Eve means. I have not quite reached that point and after reading your post, I hope not to. Once again your words have hit home.

Thanks
    Love Jea xx

eve
    Participant

Dai
    I have thought about it Dai,do you remember my old post[can I have a moan]that other eve ranted and raved,had high blood pressure,needed a g&t to calm down,everything was so inefficient,time wasted,and do not get me wrong Dai it still is,but it has become the norm,and I have got use to it,we still wait hours for tablets,we have appointments at 4 and nothing happens to till5 all of this still goes on.Wasting hours sitting round hospitals,not nice at all.
    The Institutionalised carer Eve is more placid,blood pressure going down,gin bottle full.[saves money:-P]and now concentrates on things she can do something about:-)
    I might not win the war but i can choose my battles,number one is because my doctor failed to diagnose Slims condition.my battle is to make my surgery aware of Myeloma big time,a worthy cause don,t you think?

Then I will take on the poor conditions at the hospital.Slim spent 9 days in itu excellent care,then13 days on a ward,that was so bad he says he will never go in there again,
    best Wishers Eve

tom
    Participant

Thats the spirit Eve

Choose your Battles and save your energy 🙂
    as for your post t[can I have a moan] well dont we all want/need one 😎
    think we all need to add telling our G.P's about MM mine aint a clue about it:-S as for the ward that Slim was in you go for it Girl am wi you 😎

Love and Hugs

Tom xx

DaiCro
    Participant

Hi Eve… and you too Eve… 🙂

I do understand the duality of our behaviours and our moods and I suppose I might be guilty of over-reacting… but I'd rather fall flat on my face… time and time again, rather than watch one of ours fall by the wayside because we didn't see the warning signs, :-/ 🙂

I wonder how many carer's have done just that? I don't mean literally… I don't mean having some sort of breakdown or totally losing the ability to act… but those who have found it increasingly difficult to stay here and accept that its alright to be superwoman/man one moment and a mild mannered, overwhelmed human being the next. Perhaps I feel guilty when really I have no need but I sometimes think of those that used to post here regularly… and who just seemed to disappear and I wonder if they simply had no further need of the forum or whether they just got overwhelmed.

On reflection, yes I overreacted… I am aware that most of us have enough on our own plates without being chivvied into being forum sheriffs or marshals (I never know which is which or what they do). I just don't like to see one of us in pain or confusion, or feeling lost… but that still doesn't make me right.

Dai.

eve
    Participant

Thank you Dai
    Dai you are in the right,It does get me down,today was another hospital day,believe it or not we were only in there for one hour miracles do happen.

I think you are right care,s do get overwhelmed,many cannot express them selves,i must admit my spelling has got much better since I have been posting,but my grammar needs improvement.

So you keep it up Dai,were would we be if people like you,were not on this sight,I would miss your songs,miss toms laughter,mins sound advice,and bridgets,common sense,jo little comments I could go on,there just an example.but i do wonder about people who come on this sight,then leave without so much as an explanation!!!
    love from an institutionalised carer 😛

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Carer's Watch’ is closed to new replies.