CDT then PADS now DT PACE!

This topic contains 30 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  Helen 12 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author

andyg
    Participant

Hi all
    Well I'm nearly at the halfway mark and I'm feeling ok. Like Bridget said and all the nurses keep telling me my bad time could come after discharge and I have to be very vigilant and monitor my temp regularly. Hopefully it'll be ok because I'm having at least 2 cycles.

Hoping everyone is ok
    Andy xx

tmc
    Participant

Hi Andy
    Haven't heard about your treatment but recognize several of the drugs. So good luck with this aggressive treatment and you make sure you give that nast MM a good talking too and make sure it gets up and goes.Love Teresa

Lorna
    Participant

Hi Andy

I do know of another person on DT-PACE, a young lady who attends the Royal in Liverpool. If you fancy reading about her experiences she has a blog:

http://feresaknit.wordpress.com/

Fingers crossed it does the trick for you too.

Lorna

tom
    Participant

Hi Andy

And a well done you 😎

Hey you aint gonna have "Bad Times" its Onwards and Upwards for you M8 😎 saying that all us MM'ers need to keep an eye on our temp 🙁

Keep strong and fit

Tom "Onwards and Upwards"

DaiCro
    Participant

From the beginning I had a mantra that carried me through my frontline treatment, harvest and SCT… [b]'Whatever It Takes'[/b]… I still hold fast to that mantra although these days it is more than often a softly spoken reminder, rather than a defiance spat through gritted teeth.

Tom's has been [b]'Onwards And Upwards'[/b], David's South African [b]'Vasbyte'[/b] (Bite Hard)… mantra's all, that drive us forward and give us something to hold fast to when treatments and procedures do their worse. Mantras, mindsets, ideas, ideals, objectives… we can all find a word, a saying or something to aim for that helps at the time. In truth we have little choice but to carry it on and see it through but [b]'Whatever It Takes'[/b] worked for me… big-time and I still feel Tom and David's rally calls each time I see them. 😎

The best of luck with all your treatments and procedures Andy, may all your setbacks be small and each of your triumphs literally life affirming.8-) 🙂

Regards 🙂

Dai.

andyg
    Participant

Hi all
    Well I'm only 10 hours away from the end of the first round of DT PACE and I'm feeling ok. I'm not counting my chickens though after all the warnings about the days after being bad.
    Thanks for the link to the blog Lorna it was interesting.
    I've just had my obs and everything is fine. Hopefully the pesky PP's are having a hard time and are disappearing fast.

Many thanks for all the messages of support and encouragement it really does help.

Andy

tom
    Participant

Morning Andy.

And a well done you, I hope thes 10 Hours fly past great to hear your obs are good keep it up M8 and may your obs be well

We ar all behind you all the way 😎

Tom "Onwards and upwards"

mhnevill
    Participant

Hi Andy

Great! By the time you read this your drastic treatment round will be over. Do hope that the recovery time isn't as bad as feared and that you keep free of infection. We will all look forward to hearing that those PP levels have shrunk beyond imagining.

Sending you lots of positive thoughts.

Mavis

andyg
    Participant

Hi everyone.
    I woke up in my own bed this morning 🙂 No nurse waking me at 4am for obs. I was let home yesterday evening with a carrier bag full of drugs. I'm still feeling ok – thankfully. I know I need to be vigilant for the next few days but I'm glad to be home.

Andy

tom
    Participant

A warm welcome home Andy, its great to be home and I know scary as you dont have the Dr and Nurses to hand (thats how i felt?) but if you have the same as i had it will pass.

Enjoy your bed enjoy your own cups and plates and most of all enjoy looking our your own window 😀

Realistically Andy you are in the safest place at home 😎 as we all know the ammount of germs the hospitals have got :-S

Keep fit and keep strong Andy we are all routing for you M8

DaiCro
    Participant

You are out… now stay out… and get stronger under your own steam.:-D

BUT… don't hesitate to call for help if you think something is wrong… there have been too many cases here of people (ahem) who think they should [b]'hang on for a while longer before I call in with this' [/b]etcetera.;-)

Good luck and good health Andy.:-)

Dai.

OutdoorsPaul
    Participant

Hi Andy
    Just been catching up on posts,great news that you are home,enjoy some home cooked food.
    take care
    Paul:-)

andyg
    Participant

Hi all
    It is great to be home though as Tom says its a bit scary not having the safety net of nurses and doctors around. But as Tom also says there's less risk of picking an infection up at home than in hospital. I'll do my best to report any changes Dai – it has been drilled into me how important it is – but I am a bloke :-/ I've just had some home cooked food Paul – just done myself some toast 😉 Got to say I'm feeling good at the moment – long may it continue – I really appreciate the support and advice I've received on here.

Many thanks
    Andy

tom
    Participant

Hi Andy

Its great to read you are on the up and doing well.

As for me Yep am a bloke also I had SCT and used to go to 2Castle Hill" every week for bloods and a check up, well the used to put me in a room on my own and a Nurse would come in and take bloods then I would go see the Dr, I asked why I was kept away from the other people and she told me its to keep me away from germs and the likes? well I told her I go to the pub every week end 🙂 Lol. Now I am not saying for you all to go out and about like i did but it worked for me 😎

All the best Andy and keep on getting Stronger M8

andyg
    Participant

Hiya everyone.
    Been for my latest blood tests today – The result of which is I am no longer neutropenic 🙂 I won't get the results about my paraproteins till later in the week.
    I have been booked in for my second round DT PACE treatment next Monday. So that's another 5 nights at the hotel NHS.
    I'm a bit nervous waiting to find out what my paraprotein level will be. Hopefully they will be falling after getting their a**e kicked by the chemotherapy.

Andy

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘CDT then PADS now DT PACE!’ is closed to new replies.