CDT then PADS now DT PACE!

This topic contains 30 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  Helen 12 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author

andyg
    Participant

Hi all
    When first diagnosed in October 2011 I was put on CDT regime. After 5 cycles my paraproteins refused to go below 30. My chemotherapy was changed and I was put on to PADS(Velcade) regime. Today I had an appointment at the hospital for bloods and to see my consultant. I was told my paraproteins are resisting the Velcade and that another therapy would need to be tried. So next Tuesday I go into hospital for DT PACE regime. I will be infused with several drugs constantly for 4 days. Until today I'd not heard of this regime.
    Fingers crossed it'll do the job. Hopefully the side-effects won't be too bad :-/

Hoping for the best for all
    Andyg x

BADGER
    Participant

Hi Andy

sorry the meds have not worked for you so far thats a bit od a bummer I have not heard of the regime you are about to start but i wish the the best of luck
    Kind regards Jo

brocho
    Participant

Hi Andy sorry Velcade didnt do the trick hopefully DT Pace will . I had this a few years ago and its fine whilst you are having it but watch out when you get home it can knock you for six!! You will need to check your temperature regularly as it can set off an infection which needs very prompt treatment Fingers crossed it will be fine for you , I was unlucky and ended up with pneumonia and in hospital for almost a week Even if your temp is fine let them know if you get rigors ( shaking and feeling very cold ) as this is a sign of infection too Good luck love Bridget x

tom
    Participant

Hi Andy
    Am sorry to hear the treatment is not doing its job 🙁 But Good Luck for the DT Pace? I also have not heard of that.

Tom "Onwards and Upwards"

Helen
    Participant

Good luck with the treatment Andy
    Love Helen

mhnevill
    Participant

Hi Andy

Just wanted to add my best wishes for the new treatment. As they pump all these drugs into you, just imagine them kicking the pesky* MM cells into touch, and let's hope it does the trick.

* Wanted to use much stronger word, but thought it might not get past the moderator!!

Love.

Mavis

Perkymite
    Participant

Best of luck with your Treatment Andy. Now is the time to Vasbyte (Bite hard).

Kindest regards

David

andyg
    Participant

Many thanks for all the supportive comments.
    I've just been looking at the list of drugs I'll be on during my stay in hospital. It's a very long list! Cisplatin, cyclophosphamide, etoposide and doxorubicin all by IV and continuous for 4 days. Thalidomide and of course dexamethasone orally and 5 or 6 anti side effects drugs.
    I think I may be in for a hard time.
    I'll let you know how I'm getting on after I start my treatment on Tuesday.

We will fight you MM
    Andyg

DaiCro
    Participant

The very best of luck Andy… it sounds like a determined blast from the medics to get those pp's down a bit more… enough to set a plateau for your SCT (20 ish?).8-)

Although your pp's are resisting the treatments they are not moving either… so it sounds like a stand off. I am sure this rather drastic set too will do the job… and you are in the right place under close scrutiny so side-effects etcetera should be spotted and alleviated as they go along.:-)

I have had nearly everything on your list… but not all at the same time.:-D 😉 😛

Regards

Dai.

Elizellen
    Participant

Wishing you all the best for next week, Andy!

Eliz
    XX
    X

brocho
    Participant

Hi Andy good luck for Tuesday hope you dont have too many side-effects love Bridget x

tom
    Participant

Hi Andy

All the best for Tomorrow M8 am sure you will sail through it 😎
    I have attached a couple of my files to show you what I was taking when on CDT and what each was for?

Ps Hope the links work Lol

Tom "Onwards and Upwards"

mhnevill
    Participant

Hi Andy

All the best for tomorrow – give it to them!

All best wishes.

Mavis

andyg
    Participant

Thanks for all the good wishes.
    I'm now in hospital and have just been connected up to all my infusions. So the battle has started. Only 3 days 23 hours and 50 mins to go – not that I'm counting 🙂

Thanks once again for all your messages of support.
    Andy xx

tom
    Participant

Hey Andy

Good luck on this journey and I see by your post you aint counting Lol.
    Hope you have a good un

Tom "Onwards and upwards"

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘CDT then PADS now DT PACE!’ is closed to new replies.