Chest diaphram pain

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  eve 12 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Min
    Participant

Peter sailed through his 1st SCT with no side effects, but his latest dose of melphalan 14 days ago has done him in so to speak.He has all the classic post chemo symptoms; Made worse by the fact that having got his taste buds back he is experiencing what he describes as indigestion of the worst kind with a sore ospheogus spel? cannot drink hot drinks or hot food and has to take lots of Gaviscon to be able to eat. Milk helps and hiccups are painful He has had his laprasol pills increased to double doses.
    If you have had these symptoms how long does it last, what were you given to ease the 'pain'
    He has lost a lot of weight and now he wants to eat the indigestion is stopping him from eating properly. He has cut out all the things that he thought caused it but its still there. It helps to hold in his rib cage . Any one any ideas. He has seen the Dr at the day unit who gave him double doses of Laprosol and gaviscon but its not working very well. PS it is not heart related. But he has had a new type of GCSF injection
    MIn

brocho
    Participant

Hi Min poor Peter really does get the lot doesnt he !! I have had severe indigestion at times but have only used the remedies you already know about I hope they come up with something very soon for him it must be awful love Bridget x

KeithH17
    Participant

Hi Min,I had exactly the same experience after my first SCT.
    I was constantly feeling bloated as if I was full of air and it lasted nearly 2 weeks after the SCT.
    I could'nt eat or drink a thing and had to be on a drip to prevent becoming dehydrated.
    It was a terrible feeling which was caused by the Melphalan but it did pass at which point I started to eat and drink normally and feel much better.
    I will no doubt have to go through it all again on 2nd Aug but at least I'm prepared and ready for it.

I hope Peter starts feeling better soon.

Take care both of you…Keith.

eve
    Participant

Hi Keith
    Will be thinking of you,hope every thing goes your way for 2sct.
    Best wishers Eve

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Chest diaphram pain’ is closed to new replies.