Clinical Trials

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  misswoosie 5 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

misswoosie
    Participant

Link to the Myeloma UK clinical trial finder page, which isn’t particularly easy to find from the Main page.
    Clinical trials finder

Unfortunately only 1 actively recruiting trial for MGUS but a few more for smouldering myeloma.

Today I called the centre closest to me and they are sending the trial information sheet to me.

I find the Myeloma UK info page for MGUS quite inaccurate as many people do have symptoms, plus there’s no mention of conditions other than MM that MGUS can progress to eg AL Amyloidosis, not that the type of monoclonal antibody (ie IgM,IgG or IgA with either kappa or lambda light chain) affects which condition you’re far more likely to progess to.
    Nor does it mention associated antibodies ,for example IgM paraprotein with Anti Myelin Associated Glycoporotein (Anti-MAG) antibodies which can be present even with tiny amounts of Monoclonal proteins and cause peripheral neuropathy.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.