CONFUSED.COM do I have MM, non-secretory MM or something completely differant??

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  mariosmrs 8 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

mariosmrs
    Participant

Hi All

Im hoping someone on here might be of help,

ive been having a very painful right hip, and it’s getting increasingly difficult to walk, so I was sent to the royal orthopaedic hospital in Birmingham , after X-ray and MRI, I was told that hip is ok but showed the marrow pattern within the pelvis has a slightly heterogeneous pattern. So bloods and urine were taken to rule out MM. I also have a painful lower back, and a little less painful right elbow / left shoulder .

the results of these tests were normal except my serum free kappa was raised, 23.21 mg/L

but the kappa / lambda ratio was within normal range, but at the high end 1.621

i have since been to the QE haematology team where I was told from those results my bloods were normal and I do not have MM ,  so I said what about non-secretory MM, the Dr was surprised and said I might benefit from attending a MM clinic ????? Mixed messages !!!!!

My bloods have been done again and show exactly the same results , I have an appointment this afternoon back at the QE and was wondering if anyone on this site has a few ideas to the questions I could ask them, I would be so grateful of any help.

thanks guys ,

Gill

cygnet
    Participant

Hi

I’m sorry to hear you are getting mixed ( as well as frustrating) messages from your hospital.

This is too technical a question for me but I would strongly recommend you call the Helpline nurses as I’m sure they will be able to help you.

For most of us ending up with a myeloma or mgus diagnosis is a long process so do keep asking any questions you have & don’t be fobbed off. I thought I was going mad or turning into a hypochondriac but I am lucky as I have a super GP  who never doubted me & he drove the process through the various hospital departments .

Good luck

C x

mariosmrs
    Participant

Hi

thank you Cygnet for your reply, I was at the QE hospital yesterday,(Wednesday 3feb)  and was told my bloods are the same again, she asked if I had had my skeletal survey done, to which I replied , what skeletal survey??

It appears I had an apointment for one to be done on Tuesday 2 February ? I never received that apointment  letter !! So that is being arranged , and hopefully this will say once and for all a definite diagnosis.

i have spoken to the helpline nurse, she was lovely , and gave me a few pointers to ask the Dr, one of which was to ask for a skeletal survey, ha ha

i have another follow up apointment in 3 weeks, and they took more bloods yesterday, so I’ll see how that goes.

Regards Gill

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘CONFUSED.COM do I have MM, non-secretory MM or something completely differant??’ is closed to new replies.