Confused

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Perkymite 11 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

bandityoga
    Participant

Ian is on day 16 of CTD and is becoming confused and tired. I hope it doesn't get like before as he had an infection and was like a raving lunatic one moment and then a zombie the next.

Fingers corssed that he will be ok.

Maureen

Helen
    Participant

Hi Maureen
    Phone the hospital, could be sub clinical infection, or anything especially if temperature isnormal. Tell them about the confusion, can't harm and will put your mind at rest.
    Love Helen

bandityoga
    Participant

Hi Helen

Thanks for your advice.

Ian is in hospital and I mentioned to the nurse about his confusion when I was visiting. I have now phoned and asked if it could be a subclinical infection but they have taken blood samples which are fine. They are now testing his urine.

Maureen

tom
    Participant

Hi Maureen and Ian

Well I hope they soon get you sorted Ian am sure its not easy for you both at this time 🙁 stick with it and make sure they do all the tests on you Ian. it will be worth it when treatment is all don

Love to you Both
    Tom Onwards and upwards xx

eve
    Participant

Hi Maureen and Ian
    The hospital should be taking bloods on a daily bases if there is an infection,they do tend to give more tablets as a precaution,and this can cause Ian to be confused.when you go in check if his general ops are ok plus bloods,if you are not happy ask to see doctor who looks after him on a daily bases as consultants come every few days.keeps them on there toes if the wife wants to know things,

I never left anything unnoticed ,they do not always know best,you have to keep on top of things as nurses are so busy.Eve

bandityoga
    Participant

Hi Eve

Ian is ok now, and we have just been told he is being transferred to Falkirk tomorrow for intense physio and rehabilitation. It's great news as it's one step nearer to having him home. Ian is a little anxious as he doesn't like change and likes to be in control, but I'm sure it will be ok.

Ian sent me a valetine through moonpig today and I got quite emotional.

Maureen

bandityoga
    Participant

Hi Tom

Thanks for your reply. Ian was well today so I think it is when he is coming down off the steroids his mood changes. We have just been told that he will be moving to Falkirk Royal tomorrow for intense physio and rehabilitation. It is one step[ nearer him coming home.

I bought Ian a tablet so perhaps he will go on the myeloma site and start posting.

Hope you are keeping well.

Maureen x

tom
    Participant

Hi Maureen and Ian

Am sure he will love it here ????as and when he comes on great folk on here.
    Lets hope it's home soon for him.

Tom Onwards and Upwards

Perkymite
    Participant

It does sounds good Maureen, very soon he will be under your feet and in the way 😀 😀 . All the best to you both

Kindest regards – vasbyte

David

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Confused’ is closed to new replies.