Conspiracy Theory No. 2318/c)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  tom 10 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

DaiCro
    Participant

[b]Part 3: Phase 2 (Subset 34278.[/b]

Or so it feels sometimes…

I went in for Velcade Infusion 4 of Cycle 4… 6 work and recovery days to follow as per usual and then a lovely, treatment free rest week. Excepting my tooth extraction (first molar, lower left). I was told to ask for a general bloods reading to check on platelets prior to the extraction. 'They should be fine', said my new friend registrar-to-be. 'They have been at: 105 – 110 – 130 for the last 3 readings, so we should be fine… but let's check to be on the safe side'.8-)

[b]Bloods: [/b] WBC 3.45 – HGB – 11.0 Neuts – [b]Platelets 87[/b]

NNnnnnGGGggHHHhh! (Navajo for NNnnnnGGGggHHHhh!):-/

My treatment was quick… in and out in 30 minutes from arrival, so everything was hunkadory except for downward drop of platelets for no apparent reason. I will ring one of my Lead Nurses tomorrow to see where this leaves me re: teggie extraction from the consultants viewpoint… the dentist at the hospital rang me last Friday and said that they would take bloods prior to treatment on the appointed day… as well as starting me on preventative antibiotics. So let's see whose nerve breaks first. (Not mine… the dentist told me there are no nerves present under my molar).:-D

Ho Hom and NNnnnnGGGggHHHhh!;-)

Dai.

PeterJames
    Participant

Hi Dai
    I am a great believer in the theory , if it can go wrong it will
    Where I come from that is know as b— y Sod's law
    All the above is arranged by the mysterious
    officialdom who run or wreck our lives
    I reckon you must have nerves of steel , apart from those missing under your tooth
    All the best
    Peter

tom
    Participant

Hi Dai

Well you like pushing the Barrow uphill (with flat tyre) don't you ??

What a time for them to drop :-S but as normal am sure you will be spot on on the day
    Good luck on the day Dai.

Loved your photo's on Face Book 😀

Tom onwards and upwards

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Conspiracy Theory No. 2318/c)’ is closed to new replies.