Coping with treatments

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  eve 10 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

turrell
    Participant

Apologies for adding my first post in the wrong place! A massive thank you to Philipandfiona for their advice and for pointing me in the right direction. My dad, who has only just been diagnosed, is refusing treatment. I’ve asked for someone to speak to him about his options as suggested and await the result. I totally support his decision to make his own choices while he can. I’ve told fami,y members and friends about this website as it’s an invaluable source of information and where to find help.

Thank you to everyone

J

eve
    Participant

Hi J

Welcome to the site,if I was you I would put your post in general,as people do not look at carers very often,I post here as I am a carer and at the moment my news is not good and I am aware,some people do not want to hear bad news!!

Now to you J,it’s going to be a hard roller coaster ride no matter what your Dad decides,you will not get any one trying to change his mind,they will tell him the facts,but if they say once they have his symptoms under control the future looks good,then that’s what I would impress on him.it sounds if they are not writing him off,so that a good,I have sen many patients in there eighties having treatment,plus there was one man who was 90,he did not look it and was very trendy,it’s more attitude than age I think.

If he decides not to have treatment,you have to respect that,it is not a decision he has taken lightly,for someone to choose to die earlier than he would do takes a lot of courage,others have chosen to do the same. You do not say if your mum is alive,that is the person who would have the most influence!!!

I hope no matter what your Dad decides that you learn all you can and be there for your Dad.Eve

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Coping with treatments’ is closed to new replies.