Covid Jabs/Covid Passes

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  richfs 2 years ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

lilib
    Participant

Hi all. We live in Wales, and have needed to download a NHS Covid pass in order to visit certain venues since the middle of November. Today our passes were due for renewal. Mine went through without a hitch, and even shows the date when I had my Covid booster. My husband’s (he is the MM patient) only shows the dates of his first two AZ vaccinations – before he was diagnosed and started treatment. Since then he has had a 3rd primary vaccine in October, but that is not showing on the NHS Covid pass.

We were wondering if this might mean that his information is not properly recorded in ‘the system’, and also if that means he won’t get an automatic invitation to have whatever booster is appropriate. (Don’t even know the timing of a 4th jab.)

Does anyone have any suggestions? We are seeing the Consultant this week, so will definitely put it on the list of things to be discussed. Meanwhile, I’d be interested to know of anyone else’s experience.

richfs

Hi Lili,

Sorry to be responding to this so late. Myeloma UK have just trained some peer-volunteers to assist on this forum. I am one such person and was treated for myeloma in 2019 with VTD and a stem cell transplant.

I am sorry to hear of your husband’s diagnosis, how is he progressing with treatment.

Regarding the NHS App, I have certainly found that information doesn’t flow as quickly or effectively across different arms of the NHS, so no harm asking around, but I’d recommend talking to your GP as they are (as I understand it) the point of registration for the NHS and everything relating to the Covid vaccination comes through them and not the haematology team.

I’ve been contacted in a timely manner about the first 3 jabs, but not heard anything yet about the 4th jab which is available for more vulnerable people in the UK, including those being treated for myeloma.

Do let us know how you’re getting on, the forum is having a bit of a blood-infusion of its own at present as Myeloma UK aim to make it a more active and useful resource.

Best wishes to you and your husband,
    Rich 👍

lilib
    Participant

Hi Rich,

Thanks for your reply. Events have overtaken my earlier query. In the end, my husband had his 4th Covid vaccine in January (by special request of the Consultant) just prior to starting a second type of induction treatment. He is now getting close to being ready for a Stem Cell Transplant, so we are waiting to see the Team about this in the next couple of weeks.

Meanwhile, all progressing on a fairly even keel (as far as possible when Steroids are involved!)

Best wishes,

Lili

richfs

Thanks for the update Lili,

Glad that your husband has had his 4th jab (I’m hoping for mine soon!) and is progressing well with the induction treatment. It’s a long road, with the SCT to overcome at the end, but is worth it for the return to health that it brings.

Ah, steroids! I hoped they’d give me lots of energy, but actually I was just tired from lack of sleep. They do help your body to fight back, and keep some weight on.

Best wishes, and let us know if we can help with any other aspect of your and your husband’s journey.

Rich 👍

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.