Cycling

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  admin 13 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Jet
    Participant

I've had a bit of a eureka experience…

I've gone cycling a few times now. The first time was a bit of a "let's see what happens…" and "can I go a bit further?"… and I did! It was amazing. I was thrilled. Given that a couple of weeks previously I'd lolloped from bed to couch most days.

The last two times, I noticed that whether it was local or if I went a bit further – all the way into Nottingham (about 5-6 miles each way), I was absolutely fine, comfortable, pain-free when I was on the bike and then as soon as I got off and walked, especially pushing the bike, I had back pain and felt breathless. Weird, eh?

Anyone else had similar experiences? Or anyone else just loving cycling?

Mari
    Participant

HI Jet,

Your post made me smile. I am not a cyclist but my husband is. He had his SCT in Sept and the last two weekends he has cycled 14 miles. He is training for the London to Brighton bike ride in June. Just over a year ago he could not walk and still struggles walking uphill yet on a bike he flies again. It was great seeing him getting his kit on again, (he does love his lycra!)and doing something he used to do before he was ill,

I hope you continue to love your cycling,

Love Mari xx

admin
    Keymaster

Hi, I cycle, always have done since the age of four. I managed to get out a bit from the earliest days of treatment, but the hard winter kept me in, so I skiied instead. Since its warmed up I'm doing regular 25km outings, often 40km and an occaisonal 70km. My docotr is also a cycllist. OF course I4ve put on loads of weight whihc doesn't help and I've minor cartiledge trouble in my left knee (too much skiiing). The cycling is clearly not traumatic (I've got a lovely bike) – and doesn't hurt my fragile thorax – of course I don't push it and I don't fall off (or over when skiing). It seems to be the perfect exercise for me (though I just had a lovely walk). On my Velcade crash days (or is the Dexa downer) I lie in bed and wobble to toilet every couple hours to empty the litres I've fed into my burning body.

Bonne route

Nigel

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Cycling’ is closed to new replies.