Dad has deteriorated quickly since chemo stopped!! What can it be???

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Roz 13 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Vic71
    Participant

Hi,
    My Dad was diagnosed with MM in April. After his sixth wave of Chemo- this finished mid NOv- Dad has deteriorated. At first I thought he was depressed- retreating to bed and poor diet- his Temp spiked up but Dr's etc could find no reason for such!!! Last Wed Dad was trans to a Hospice to 'sort out his pain relief'- His Hb was 6 and he had 4 units of blood but he ebcame very confused- last 2 days minimal response, have to prompt to drink- refusing diet- Dr 'Can#t find rationale' for deterioratioN!!! Bloods apprently 'fine'!!! My Mum and I kept expressing our concern and today I had a bit of a rant and told them that he was severely dehydrated (note poor fluid intake, Diarrohea etc- they have him on a fluid SUB Cut now!!!

PLEASE, WILL HE IMPROVE! What else could it be!!! Apparently no infection- thought delerium (confused and hallucinating), Apparently calcium levels fine toO!!!!!!

Dr 'doesn't know'- but Dad has deteriorated dramaticallY!

Vic

Roz
    Participant

I'm so sorry about your dad. If he has a uti water infection this can cause these problems. You must get him to drink. His kidneys will pack in if you don't.

All the best
    Roz

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Dad has deteriorated quickly since chemo stopped!! What can it be???’ is closed to new replies.