Dad has deteriorated quickly!

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  michelleakitt29 13 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Vic71
    Participant

Hi,
    My Dad was diagnosed with MM in April. After his sixth wave of Chemo- this finished mid NOv- Dad has deteriorated. At first I thought he was depressed- retreating to bed and poor diet- his Temp spiked up but Dr's etc could find no reason for such!!! Last Wed Dad was trans to a Hospice to 'sort out his pain relief'- His Hb was 6 and he had 4 units of blood but he ebcame very confused- last 2 days minimal response, have to prompt to drink- refusing diet- Dr 'Can#t find rationale' for deterioratioN!!! Bloods apprently 'fine'!!! My Mum and I kept expressing our concern and today I had a bit of a rant and told them that he was severely dehydrated (note poor fluid intake, Diarrohea etc- they have him on a fluid SUB Cut now!!!

PLEASE, WILL HE IMPROVE! What else could it be!!! Apparently no infection- thought delerium (confused and hallucinating), Apparently calcium levels fine toO!!!!!!

Dr 'doesn't know'- but Dad has deteriorated dramaticallY!

Vic

michelleakitt29
    Participant

Hi vic

I am sorry to hear the problems that you are having and your Dad is not well, just wanted to say that we had similar problem with my Mum last year, all bloods ok etc, no infection found, but was hallucinating,she also went unresponsive, was so frightening, they did start her on broad spectrum antibiotics, and then later found that she had a chest infection, Mums bloods never seem to be affected when she gets an infection!!! Good luck and I hope they find out what is wrong with your Dad soon.

with much love michelle x x

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Dad has deteriorated quickly!’ is closed to new replies.