Dads failed SCT

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  jared 8 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

emmabowes
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Hi my dad has a SCT last year, we found out the week that it hasn’t worked. I suppose I’m looking for some kind of reassurance that things can still be okay. As far as I know they have starred him on velcade and possibly something else that I Carnt remember the name of (sorry) 😁</p>

Carolsymons
    Participant

I have read of other patients in your dad’s situation who gave achieved remission with different drugs after a failed transplant, so don’t despair just yet.

Carol

petesilver
    Participant

Hello-

Don’t be to down hearted I had a SCT in 2005 and it only worked for just over a year but since with the help of the various chemo available i’m still getting on not to badly some of them worked some didn’t, Velcade gave me the longest remission, unfortunately at the moment I am waiting for the latest one “Panobinostsat” which becomes available at the end of April in the mean time I am just taking Steroids.

Peter

emmabowes
    Participant

That’s an inspiring story, thanks for the positive feedback 🙂 good luck with your journey x

jared
    Participant

Hi Emma

i have my SCT in September 2014 the disease returned within 4 months.  I have since been on various chemo regimes like Velcade etc.  now on lenalidamide maintenance treatment.

Although not ideal I’m only in my early forties just got to keep on going.  There is plenty of treatments out there.  Keep researching and pushing for more answers at hospital.

Keep positive

Jared

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Dads failed SCT’ is closed to new replies.