Daratumumab maintenance treatment

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  davidainsdale 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

brianan
    Participant

Hi
    I have been having Daratumumab maintenance treatment for the past two and a half years. I suspect that it may soon be time to move to another treatment.
    I would be very grateful to hear from anyone who has had similar teatment concerning what treatment they had next. (If your Daratumumab treatment is still going well, perhaps you have been told what is planned for your next treatment.)
    Any information will be very much appreciated.
    Best regards
    Brian

kh0305

Hi Brian,
    I’m one of the forum volunteers and saw your post. Good to hear that you’re maintenance treatment has been going well. I’m afraid I can’t help regarding what will come next in your treatment plan as my dad was due to go on to daratamumab maintenance after his treatment but the treatment didn’t work for him so he’s now on a different combination all together. MM is such an individual disease, it may be that your path is different from others that have been on daratamumab so the best people to ask would be your medical team. Has your consultant indicated that you are likely going to have to change soon? Hope you get some information to help you with what’s coming up xx

davidainsdale
    Participant

Hi Brian

Good luck with your treatment.

There is a separate thread on this forum where I have posted updates on my Darzalax maintenance treatment.

Now on Cycle 29 of maintenance, bloods and pps all normal. This followed 2nd line treatment of DVd in 2019.

I’ve been told that for me, Revlimid is the most likely treatment for third line.

Hope this helps.
    David

mmsuffrah
    Participant

Davidainsdale,

I am in similar position following first relapse – DVD with the chance of autologous stem cell rescue later. Just weighing up the options – did you have a chance of doing that but opted rather for maintenance strategy? If so what seemed the advantages to you?

mmsuffrah
    Participant

Davidainsdale,

Just found your other thread – 2nd Line Treatment DVD Regime ….. so gained some insight there, thanks. As you say it’s individual. Peripheral neuropathy and usual fatigue aside I have not suffered side-effects so am more drawn to the hope of 3-4 years maintenance free post SCT for quality of life despite the impaired kidneys(eGFR 28) and recovery period. Keep smiling!

davidainsdale
    Participant

Hello mmsuffrah

Glad that you found my earlier posts helpful. I think that the million dollar question is whether SCT adds to the remission period of maintenance, or simply runs in parallel with only marginal additional benefit. I am not aware that there is any research that has been undertaken to help address this question.

It was a difficult decision for me, but looking back with hindsight it was the right decision not to go for second SCT. I am now on Cycle 31 of Darzalax maintenance with bloods and pps all normal, so it’s very effective and I am tolerating it well.

I always have the option of a second SCT at third line treatment in reserve. Happy to discuss further, my contact details are on the West Lancs and Merseyside myeloma support group website.

Hope this helps

David

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.