Daratumumab (with Velcade & Dexamethazone)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  davidainsdale 1 year, 11 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

ianmac
    Participant

Hi everyone, not been on for a long time. My Stem Cell Transplant only gave me temporary relief from myeloma (around 9 months). I’m due to start second line treatment next week (see title – also referred to as DVd). Would be very keen to hear about anybody’s experience with this chemo regime e.g. side effects, does it help, period of time etc. Thanks.

regine
    Participant

Dear ianmac,
    I hope my positive experience of your forthcoming treatment will give you some hope: I started it last December after my previous one had stopped working, and within 7 weeks my paraprotein levels fell from 33 to ‘too low to measure’! And I am not experiencing any side effects.
    Of course everyone is different, and no-one knows how long it will continue to work, but I am just very grateful for it and enjoying my reprieve.
    I wish you all the very best,
    regine

ianmac
    Participant

Regine, thanks very much for your reply. I know everyone responds to treatment differently but your post gives me some encouragement. I hope you continue to feel better for as long as possible.
    Ian

davidainsdale
    Participant

Hello Ianmac

Good luck with your second round treatment. There are quite a few of us in our local support group who have had or are having DVd treatment. I think each patient experience is different and the dosing regime does seem to vary from individual to individual.

There is a separate thread on this forum ( in the treatmnent section ) which records my experiences and you might find useful. I had 8 cycles, a straight 168 days without a break and if I am honest it was a slog towards the end. Fatigue, bowel problems and neuropathy being the main side effects for me but these can be managed. That said, the treatment does seem to be generally well tolerated and very effective. I started in October 2019 ( age 65 )and am now on cycle 28 of monthly maintenance with bloods, organ functions and pps all normal.

Hope this helps
    David

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.