Diagnosed this week

This topic contains 33 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  ange 11 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Author

Pilgrim
    Participant

I know nothing but I suspect that relatively small changes aren't greatly significant, though it's best to have a small move down than up. At least it's in the right direction.

I've read a lot but when it gets down to a genetic and molecular level, it's probably doing me more harm than the illness. They say that blood is the most complex organ in the body and when you realise how incomplete a complete blood count is, it's mind boggling how many things there are that can be checked.

SarahJane
    Participant

Hi Ange
    I too was recently diagnosed with SMM in June. PP was 30 but has slowly crept to 38, but it was good to hear from my consultant last week (I go every 4 weeks) that they wont start treatment till PP is 50+. Like you I have no symptoms, and I hope the back ache I am getting is down to stress rather than anything else, but I am due to have an MRI to rule this out.

This website has been very interesting, just finding out about how it effects everyone in a different way. It would seem that so much research is still being done and advances in treatment continues that the future is brighter 🙂
    I have asked my GP for help (CBT counselling) because the unknown and worrying is probably not helping my stress levels, he has been very supportive.

Personally the longer I smolder the easier it may get, but as you say the unknown is harder to deal with.

Good luck at your monthly appointments.
    Sarah Jane

ange
    Participant

Yes I agree! It is all very complicated but I think I know quite a lot now and know which scary websites to avoid!

ange
    Participant

Hi Sarah Jane

It seems like we are pretty much at the same stage so would be lovely to keep in contact. I hope your MRI scan is clear and that you have a long time smouldering. I try not to get stressed and put it to the back of my mind as there is absolutely nothing I can about it! Easier said than done!

Take care
    Andrea xx

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘Diagnosed this week’ is closed to new replies.