Difference between preventative & therapeutic doses of Clexane and side effects

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  dxs 9 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

dxs
    Participant

Has anyone had the experience I’ve had whereby I had no problems injecting myself with preventative doses of Clexane while on Cyclophosphamide but my tummy area has turned a horrible black and blue with a higher dose (therapeutic) after being diagnosed with a blood clot in the calf of my right leg? The bruising was so bad that my consultant stopped my injections of Velcade (in the tummy area) and I’m now having the Velcade via drip. My consultant also referred me back to my surgery for Warfarin tablets in the hope that my International Normalised Ratio (INR) value will stabilise between 2 and 3 fairly soon. Then I can stop the Clexane and the tummy bruising should heal. (And possibly return to the 1 minute Velcade injection rather than the hour long drip followed by the Velcade injection through the tube.) All this was a consequence of the wretched Thalidomide in the std CDT treatment. David

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘Difference between preventative & therapeutic doses of Clexane and side effects’ is closed to new replies.