Discrimination at work due to having mm

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  jenningskm 7 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

jenningskm
    Participant

Has anybody experienced discrimination at work because they have mm? Employer won’t let you work even though medical professions and yourself say you are able to? Told that it could disrupt the organisation too much because the Mm could come back, so they prefer not to employ you. Any advice or information gratefully received

tom
    Participant

Hi Jennings’s
    I was lucky I worked for a company that looked after me…..first sct I was off work for a year, when I said I wanted to return they said they have sorted a new job out for me, it was to check lorries in at the gate, was told I didn’t have to leave the building at the side of the gate as drivers were being told to come see me, (it’s a job the top people created for me) I said I didn’t want it I wanted to go back to my original job to see if I could do it ? He told me that I had lost money with being on sick and he wanted to put it back so he would prefer I took that job…I did stayed doing that for five years until I needed my second SCT ….I handed in a six months sick note to my boss plus a note asking for voluntary redundancy….he said he would put it to the top boss, turned out they said yes but would need to sign a form saying I wouldn’t go back and sue them….I did that but they didn’t give me the redundancy until my sick pay had run out plus I got the redundancy with a Christmas bonus of £250 have to admit I was well looked after, they also said if I was ever feeling like looking for a job one will be found with them…..hats off I was well looked after…..good luck to you (sorry for long post) onwards and upwards xx

jenningskm
    Participant

Thank you, onward and upwards xx

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.