Donor Transplant Decision to make – HELP!

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  richard48 6 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

richard48
    Participant

Hi Everyone

This is my second topic in the last 6 months-my first was asking for support/advice having just been newly diagnosed at age 48.  6 months on my thoughts and anxieties are focusing on something else now. I am about to have my SCT on Thursday next week at Ward 44 of Manchester Royal Infirmary.  I have now been offered to do a tandem mini allo transplant 3 months after this one.  Both myself and my wife are finding it really difficult to make the decision. It would be great if the consultant just said that I had to do it but I’m half tempted to ask her if she would do it, but I know what her response will be.

Just wondered if anyone could share their experience of the procedure, why they made the decision for it, was the donor related, etc.

Thank you so much

Richard

• This topic was modified 6 years, 10 months ago by  richard48.

greg777
    Participant

Hi Richard,

Best of luck for next week. I replied to your wife’s post on another thread re: the mini-allo. It’s a tough decision so take as much time as you need. Any specific queries, I’d be very happy to help.

Cheers,

Greg

richard48
    Participant

I saw that one thanks Greg, and thanks for the offer of answering further questions/queries if needs be. I’m sure I’ll have some at some point but I need to think about getting this one out the way first really-trying to tell that to myself now.

Roll on Thursday 1st June.

Richard

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Donor Transplant Decision to make – HELP!’ is closed to new replies.