ESHAP

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  hcp1 8 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

hcp1
    Participant

Hi

I was wondering if anyone has had ESHAP treatment? Usually used for leukaemia and lymphoma patients.

I was diagnosed in April this year. Initially I had kidney problems so my first cycle of treatment was velcade and dex. This was followed by four cycles of velcade, dex and thalidomide. My abnormal plasma cells dropped from 55% to 15% and light chains from 3,500 to 233. Since stopping treatment on 3rd sept my light chains have gone up to 629. I was due to go in for a SCT Monday 16th Nov but it has now been suggested I have a couple of cycles of ESHAP to lower my light chains before the transplant. This will obviously put me in a stronger position and should result in a better outcome.

Has anyone else had a similar experience?

thanks

Helen

andyg
    Participant

Hi Helen

I have never heard of a treatment called ESHAP. Going to have a look around to see if I can find anything about it. Whatever it is I hope it works for you.

Every day is a gift.

Andy xx

tobygo
    Participant

Hi Helen

I was going to wish you the best for your SCT, but I see it might be delayed. I hope that you are well and that you are getting more knowledge of the EHSHAP – I have no info. to give 🙁

Had my Stem Cell harvest yesterday and Monday. All seemed to go well – just very tired now.

Toby

hcp1
    Participant

Hi Toby

Thank you for your message. I still go into hospital on Monday as ESHAP is a five day inpatient treatment. I will have one week in hospital followed by two weeks at home x2. The transplant should now be in the new year.

I am glad your harvest went well and that you will be able to enjoy Christmas with your family before the transplant. Let’s hope your energy levels improve soon.

best wishes

Helen

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘ESHAP’ is closed to new replies.