Eye drop concern

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  tw744 2 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

tomt
    Participant

Hello. This is my first post. Through a routine blood test, low risk mgus is suspected and have no other information.
    My question I would like to ask is .. Im using an eye drop long term containing sodium hyaluronate (hyaluronic acid?) Should this eye drop be of concern to someone with suspected mgus? Would it have any bearing on progression? Is it even relevant to mgus?
    I can’t find much or any information on this other than research papers that are confusing.

tw744
    Participant

Hi Tomt, I’m one of the Peer Volunteers for Myeloma UK and a myeloma patient.

It’s a while since you posted your question but I think I can give you an answer. I have chronic dry eyes as a side effect of a donor stem cell transplant and as a result have regular visits to the opthalmology department as well as the haematologists. They have often given me drops containing hyaluronic acid (also sometimes called sodium hyaluronate) – it naturally occurs in the eyes and joints so I wouldn’t think that it could have any effect on your suspected MGUS.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.