Face Mask

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  tallulah55 10 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

dickb
    Participant

If you went into a chemist and asked for a face mask, what would you get?

Once I have a few answers I’ll explain the reason for the question.

Richard

Sal
    Participant

A packet or tube of some gunky stuff to put on your skin to reveal the beauty beneath! 😉

Dizzyliz
    Participant

A mud pack! Not that I need one nor kev, but I’ll be interested in your answer?
    LOL!

Liz

tonyf
    Participant

A kiddies dressing up face mask!
    Maybe you lost something in the translation! can’t wait to hear what you were given.
    Tony F

Helen
    Participant

I’d expect to get a mud pack too
    Love Helen

dickb
    Participant

OK, So I went to the local Chemist here in Germany and asked for a face mask (Gesicht Maske). The first chemist said they didn’t have any and suggested I tried the German equivalent of Boots. They had none so I went to another Chemist and they had loads so I bought 10 pleased with myself. This was in October prior to a trip to Paris. Now I’m back from SCT I wanted to walk my daughter to school this morning, got ready got the face mask which says Face Mask on the front and opened it. Yes, I got the face cream! After my wife got over the shock she found it really amusing. Anyway I should have asked for Mund Schutz – mouth protection.

As for the face cream, I’m a 50 year old bloke that does not buy cosmetics, creams or any other form of skin product so how am I supposed to know that a face mask is gunk? So there you go, lets just say ‘lost in translation’

Sal
    Participant

Haha!!

I had guessed it might be something like that, but thanks for the laugh. I’m sure if you covered your face with enough gunk it would have the same effect and keep the germs at bay – plus your skin would be glowing! On second thoughts, maybe the Mund Schutz would be the best option 😉

tallulah55
    Participant

Hi

I’m new to joining the site – have been trying to post and create a profile for about 3 days and have finally managed it after finding a post from the web team, was quite a trek to see how to do it all.

I thought the face mask post was hilarious but seriously (as I can be testament to)ebay has face masks, disposable gloves and all sorts at very low prices. I’m a bit OCD about cleanliness and if there’s one thing about K’s myeloma that I sort of take to easily it’s the infection control bit. A best friend works in the NHS in infection control so I take her advice too – apparently actually physical washing of hands thoroughly gets rid of more bacteria (especially the GI ones) than handwashes, 80% of viruses are transmitted by hand contact, only 20% by inhalation. So I’ve got K into the habit of very frequent hand-washing when we’re out and after going to the bathroom, after handling food and we use First Defence nasal spray when in crowds or after being in contact with people. I’ve got antiseptic wipes and disinfect the bathrooms, door handles, literally everywhere and sterilise toothbrushes at least twice a week with bleach. K had two urinary tract infections 2011 and 2012 which turned to urosepsis within hours – at the time we didn’t know why but of course now realise it was the meyeloma and the immuno suppression. That’s when I started the infection control full on and (touch wood)with him religiously drinking 3l of fluid a day he hasn’t seen a recurrence. Very sad that I wasn’t with him on the long flight when he was sitting next to the guy with flu who he subsequently caught it from and then developed pneumonia – I would have asked to be moved and kept up the infection control big time. Will be interested to hear what others find effective regarding minimising the risk of infections.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Face Mask’ is closed to new replies.