Feeling alone

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  davidainsdale 7 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

claro70
    Participant

Hello – I have used this website a lot for information but feel a bit alone at the minute as a carer. My husband had a stem cell transplant in December 2018, after a diagnosis of multiple myeloma stage 3 in April 2018 but his cancer became active again in summer 2020. He has been part of a clinical trial and was due to have his second stem cell transplant next week – however, the chemo for the trial worked initially but within 3 weeks of finishing it, his levels have gone straight back up. He has now been put on the maintenance drug lsatuximab as the stem cell transplant wouldn’t have worked.

I was just wondering if anyone else had experienced anything similar – just feel like we are going round in circles – consultants have been brilliant and certainly know they are doing everything they can.

Thanks people – hope you’re all doing well.

davidainsdale
    Participant

Hi Claro70

Sorry to hear that you are facing a few challenges just now.

We have a myeloma support group here in the North West, and your experience is by no means unique with others in our group being on a similar journey. We have found that carers find just as much value from talking to others in the support group as do the patients, particularly when family members go to the same hospital, have the same consultant etc. This may be something you have already tried, but if not, it’s certainly something I would recommend.

Hope this helps.

David

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.