First treatment day

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  kp 7 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

dazz
    Participant

Hi everyone, I’m new to the forum and just had my 1st treatment and when I got home I was abit taken back by it all. Forgive my naivety but does it change your standard of life drastically?

davidainsdale
    Participant

Hi dazz

Sorry to hear that you have MM and wish you luck on your journey. You will find plenty of helpful advice here on the forum.

It is hard to answer your question without knowing more of your diagnosis since it is true what they say about myeloma, everyone is different and reacts to the treatment differently. I think it is probably fair to say that most patients do find that there quality of life is affected at some point.

Staff from Myeloma Uk are available on the helpline and are always willing to give advice. There are also the local support groups which are well worth attending if you have one near you.

Hope this helps.

David

dazz
    Participant

Hi David
    <p style=”text-align: left;”>Thx for the reply. I’m finding that yes it is a life changer and it makes you re-evaluate your priorities. Although I’m in the early days of treatment I’m already finding how it affects everyone, fam and friends especially.</p>
    <p style=”text-align: left;”>It’s good to have these support forums with everyone to speak to as it helps to understand it all 1st hand.</p>
    <p style=”text-align: left;”>Thx again</p>
    <p style=”text-align: left;”>Daz</p>

kp
    Participant

Hi dazz, I found the effects of the chemotherapy were cumulative. It is true that everyone reacts differently so hard to predict effects for you. I guess just being diagnosed with MM was a life changer for me; I had always been fit, well and active and adjustment to a new way of being has taken time. Be kind to yourself, ask lots of questions whenever you need to and use the helpline. Have a browse through the forum posts, there is some brilliant advice on here.

What I can reassure you about is that the treatment pathway is doable. Rest if your body tells you to and take it one day at a time. I am currently in complete remission after 6 months of VTD and a Stem Cell Transplant in August 2015.

Kind regards Karen

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘First treatment day’ is closed to new replies.