First trip abroad, post SCT

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  stanley-1960 9 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

keithmt
    Participant

I’ve just come back from 5 days in Austria at the Grand Prix there. Obviously I was a bit anxious about how I’d cope but everything went very well. No issues with stuffing down Schnitzel, Wurst or Streusel, Austrian beer or wine and my system behaved itself with the help of some Imodium just as a psychological backup.

There was a fair amount of walking involved, especially at the circuit and someone has gone and put o load of steep hills over there! That’s when I really noticed how much fitness and stamina I’ve lost so I had to pace myself. My calves still feel like someone has inserted a cannon ball into each one.

Still, it was a real boost to go abroad and survive to tell the tale.

Keith

Carolsymons
    Participant

At 4 months post transplant last month I flew to Serbia then took a road trip to Croatia to escape the floods in Serbia and Bosnia. I had no problems, although like you I have no stamina for walking. Need to work on fitness but can’t find the energy after a day at work.

Carol

Vicki
    Participant

Hey all

Well done on your trips, so glad you were able to enjoy it 🙂

Vick and Colin x

stanley-1960
    Participant

Keith,

So glad you enjoyed your trip abroad. I trust the first of many post SCT.At least Silverstone is not so far for you soon.

Best regards,

Stanley

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘First trip abroad, post SCT’ is closed to new replies.