Fit due to low blood pressure

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  eve 9 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

jellybabyjan
    Participant

Hi
    We had a nasty shock on Sun night when my husband Mike had a fit due to low BP. He stopped breathing and I had to give him CPR for about 4mins until the paramedics arrived. Thankfully I got him breathing again but it has scared us shitless! (sorry). Thery’re seems to be no quick fix as Amyloid has damaged his nervous system. Every time he goes upstairs his BP drops and I feel we are living on a tightrope. Hosp has ordered a brain scan and a 24 hr heart rate monitor but it’s all taking time. He’s on Dialysis and it’s not helping matters. If having this bloody disease isn’t bad enough, another problem arises. HELP!!!
    Jan x

kp
    Participant

Hi Jan, what an awful experience for you both, I am not surprised you have been scared and hope he is getting sorted out by the Doctors.

Do you think that you could use some counselling? it must have been so traumatic for you and might help to “talk it through”

Hope things start to improve

Kind regards

Karen

jellybabyjan
    Participant

Hi Karen

Things have got worse since Sun. We’ve now been told by his consultant that this could happen any time and we might not be ‘so lucky’. Prepare for the worse, hope for the best. They have contacted our local hospice. His BP tablets have been doubled and we now have a wheelchair. So far so good. We are shadowing his every move and ‘hoping for the best’.

Jan

eve
    Participant

Hi Jan

How are things,!!! I do not post so much now but look in to see how everyone is doing,and looking at your post I thought you needed some surpport at this stage you are at!!!!

The doctors are telling you to prepare yourselfs, and it’s not a bad way to go,because if this does happen at least it will not be such a shock as last time,and knowing this you can talk about all the things we seem to leave unsaid,even if you both get upset,it will hold you in good stead for the future.
    Take every day as it comes and enjoy it!!
    My mantra was always,why worry about tomorrow and spoil today,it helped us for many years,although we were not able to continue are marvellous life of travelling which we loved.
    Towards the end we were lucky to have so much time to talk and say what we felt,and like most people on here we just wanted time.
    My best wishers go to you,and I hope you have a lot of time together. Eve

jellybabyjan
    Participant

Hi Eve

Thank you for your wise words. Mike is doing very well since I last wrote. He has very few low BP incidents now and the wheelchair is redundant. We feel like a miracle has happened! We know it is probably down to ‘no chemo’ and he will have to go on another one soon, but we are enjoying the moment. We are making the most of each day and still ‘hoping for the best’.

Jan

eve
    Participant

Jan

That’s the way to go!!! No regrets enjoy what you have and never give up hope.

The fact is no one knows what lies in the future,just enjoy and never give up hope,it will take people a long way,and every day is a bonus. Love to you all.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Fit due to low blood pressure’ is closed to new replies.