Forum – How to use.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  mriampositive 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

mriampositive
    Participant

I posted in an a topic and got a reply but I found it difficult to reply directly to the person who sent me the reply.
    I was expecting there to be a hyperlink to click on so that I could reply directly but couldn’t find anything to click on. There were several other people who had posted after the person who replied to me but it appeared that my only choice was to add another post with the persons name at the top.

I am probably being really dense and would be grateful if someone to explain the best way to use the forum.

Many thanks
    Graham

richfs

Hi Graham – it’s me, Rich, you’re not being dense, that’s a limitation in the forum, it’s very much the ‘toilet roll’ approach, all new messages are at the bottom of the ‘topic’, and there’s no way to reply to a person/message outside of the flow of the topic. It’s very much a public forum.

‘Topics’ are what I’d normally call ‘threads’.

I was going to suggest that you start a new topic in the ‘treatment’ section, as your initial message is relating to Covid, but now you’re reaching out for advice on treatment, and the forum users are very good and supportive as we’ve largely been through similar treatments (and similar levels of shock at diagnosis).

I just read your ‘update’ which explains your journey thus far, but I don’t think those profile sections get seen by anyone unless they go looking, sorry about that.

So, do start a new topic by scrolling to the bottom of the page in the ‘Treatment’ section, and you’ll hear back from me and others.

All the best for tomorrow.

Rich 👍

mriampositive
    Participant

Hi Rich

Thanks for the information, it is very helpful, I appreciate you taking the time to get back to me.

Kind regards
    Graham

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.