Fought until the very end

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  treepot 7 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

lisan
    Participant

I lost my husband aged 49 last month, three years and one month after diagnosis. He had every treatment possible thrown at this horrible disease and he fought so hard against it. He finally lost his fight. We have two teenage children. I read the forum often for help and advice…..thank you all.

Life is very hard without him, we were together nearly thirty years and I miss him every second.

annlynn
    Participant

so very very sorry for your loss we hear of lots of people who have long remmisions but we sometimes forget the people with myeloma who dont get the luxury of time. my thoughts are with you xx ann lynne

rebeccaR
    Participant

Hi Lisan, So very sorry to hear of your loss which is so cruel and unfair on you all. I have a teenage daughter and think it is such a difficult age that I will have in place counselling for her (regardless of wishes) as when you grieve together it is very hard to open up fully without fear of causing more hurt to those we love and who are hurting too. I hope, in time, it will bring you comfort to remember that you helped him through this most difficult passage of life and was his strength and love to the end – we cannot ask for more from a partner in life. I hope the one thing you all take from this tragedy is the fragility of life and the need to live it to the full and, in time, you will seek to embrace this and make him proud. The real fear of those departing early is the emptiness we leave behind…like when a child leaves the nest you can cope/accept it when you know they are spreading their wings and will be happy again in life. Best wishes to you all x

Rebecca

bandityoga
    Participant

I am so sorry your husband has passed away at so young an age. Take time to grieve and remember all the good times you had together. I am thinking and praying that you find strength and comfort knowing he is at peace.

treepot
    Participant

Dear Lisan My husband has had a relapse after 15 years, he has just finished steroids and is about to start chemotherapy again and a booster transplant, what you are going through I thought about all those years ago when my children where small, now I think about it now they are teenagers 17 and 19, it is so difficult my husband is 44 I am 40, i have been with him through so much since I was 16 years old when I first met him,  the only strength that i get, is when I pray, I often wonder how we managed all them years ago, but we did.

Nobody know what lies in the future whether it be bad or good, i look at life now as i have always done,  i take each day as it comes, and deal with it,   sometimes i do not understand the reason behind anything in life, except that life is a journey, and no one knows where, and how, it will end.  keep strong, ride each wave as it comes to you with your grief at this time, I have to be strong for my children, it is so very difficult, but i know, even though they are older now, they need me more than ever,  to show my children strength, even at times as bad as this, is what keeps me going, because children learn from what they see, I know it is so difficult but i believe this will get you through this hard time of separation from your husband.  I too will pray for you, and your family, when all else seems so distant and lost, sometimes that is all we have left for hope and the strength to carry on.

All my love to you and your family From Trish

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Fought until the very end’ is closed to new replies.