Fundraisers, events Et Cetera

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  maggier 5 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

ed-209
    Participant

Hi,

Anyone hold any events, I see the NHS use this MyelomaUK is it the best firm to donate to?

If/When I do something I would love to raise some money, does anyone know any admins that can arrange things?

I need little management only really where the funds go to, but was thinking of holding an event like kayaking the river Wye, or I don’t know doing the 3 peaks or something.

Could garner donations from mates, but would want to raise them for the most direct research institute.

If there is any other fund raisers or event organisers out there can we please enter into a dialect.

Stu

maggier
    Participant

Hi Stu

Thank you for your interest in fundraising. Myeloma UK receives no government funding so we would love to have you fundraise for us.

There are many ways you can raise awareness and funds. You can plan your own event like the kayaking challenge you mention, take part in an organised sporting challenge or even take part in a Myeloma UK event such as Coffee Morning Month or Myeloma Awareness Week. The best thing is to find something that you really want to do, or that really inspires you.

We are here to support you as much as possible.

Once you have decided what fundraising activity you would like to do we can send you our Fundraising Pack which includes hints and tips about fundraising and details on where your money goes. In the fundraising pack we can also include a Myeloma UK t-shirt (available in sizes XS – XXL) to help promote and raise awareness plus a range of promotional items (balloons, sweets, banners and leaflets) to aid your fundraising efforts.

If you have any questions or would like to talk about your fundraising ideas, please do not hesitate to contact us by emailing fundraising@myeloma.org.uk

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Best wishes
    Maggie Rankin
    Senior Community Fundraiser
    Myeloma UK

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.