Funny Old Game…

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  tom 10 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

DaiCro
    Participant

Following the 6 hour plus wait of 2 weeks ago, we were in and out of Day-Case, with all observations, PN recordings and the Velcade infusion, in 17 minutes… a new Velcade record we were told. 😎

We arrived in the waiting room at 9.55am ish… had barely time to register before being called through into the inner sanctum at 10am precisely (our allotted appointment for my 3rd weekly infusion of 4… next week's infusion will be my last weekly infusion followed by the rest of that week and the whole of the following week off treatment before the start of Cycle 5). 🙂

Instead of the usual wait for the Velcade to be made up in Pharmacy, it was already in Day-Case… waiting for me.;-) I could not imagine the process being carried out any quicker… but I am not complaining. 😎

So far, so good… my infusions are being stretched out, with Cycle 3 taking 35 days instead of the usual 21 days as per Cycle's 1 & 2. As long as my Kappa Light Chains keep dropping and then hold, I will gain an extra few months by the end of Cycle 8. I will have the first indication of any light chain movement at my next consult on Monday 29th. :-/

I am coping better under this regime… and feeling better too… although Velcade being Velcade it has its moments. 😛 😉

Dai.

PS I posted a similar post to this yesterday… which I verified as on the board but it had disappeared by the early hours of this morning. Anyone else with disappearing posts? :-0

bandityoga
    Participant

Dai

Glad you are feeling better and velcade is working for you.

We visit FVH hospital once a month as Ian has his monthly infusion of zometa and we get the results of his bloods. This usually takes 3 hours at which time I leave to have lunch and Ian get picked up by ambulance to take him back to Falkirk rehab. He waited 2 hours on the ambulance!

Maureen

BADGER
    Participant

hello Dia

glad this regime is suiting you the breaks are good it gives us a bit of time from the hospital you may even get a few days away if you feel up to it my record time was 45mins so nothing like yours its usually 2.5 hrs
    KEEP WELL:-P
    Love Jo

mhnevill
    Participant

Hi Dai

How odd about your disappearing Post! I thought I had read this before.

Hope things continue to go as smoothly.

Love.

Mavis

DaiCro
    Participant

Thank you Maureen, Jo and Mavis…

I had my 4th and last infusion of the new regime this morning… no record times but in and out in an hour and a half so not too bad.:-)

I have the rest of this week to recover and then the week after that to my own devices as my official rest week. I take my last dose of Dex tomorrow and then I am drug free (excepting my normal box full) for 12 days… bliss.8-)

Conversely I looked pale and felt windswept and interesting from waking up to the present. I feel relatively strong but usually at this stage i am 2 points to the starboard bow of Tigger… but not today… I'm laying the malaise firmly at the door of the weather. Without the cool of my bedroom and my fan I am featherlight and feeble. Well, that's my excuse. 😀

I asked for a 'Free Light Test' to be taken, so as to have it back for my next Consult in a fortnight's time… giving us the results from the last Cycle (2) and this one (3). My lead nurse thought it a good idea, got permission from my consultant and it was executed… Brownie points to me… as long as we get the right result… otherwise I will keep my head down and my mouth firmly closed. 😉

'Whatever It Takes'… 😎

Dai.

mhnevill
    Participant

Hi Dai

As you say, whatever it takes. Enjoy these few drug free days.

Hope the blood readings are good and that your Consultant is inspired! Sorry to hear on another post about your playing. Can you keep singing without accompanying yourself?

Lots of love.

Mavis x

tom
    Participant

Dai

First I have had a few lost post in the pat, I put it down to too much Vodka ha ha.
    But a well done you and your Fast team ????

Keep it going my friend

Tom Onwards and Upwards

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Funny Old Game…’ is closed to new replies.