"Give me a head with hair….."

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Carolsymons 9 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Carolsymons
    Participant

Well I moaned about the lack of it, waited patiently for it to grow and now 6 months post transplant, I have hair. But…..it is thick, curly, unmanageable hair….an alien head of hair nothing like the original. I wet it, brush it down flat and boing! up it springs….I think I need to have it styled…it is weird! But I have to admit it is liberating to be able to go out without a wig…especially in this unusually warm London weather.

Carol

rebeccaR
    Participant

Wow Carole – that looks long how long actuallyis it? – I’m quite sure you’ve measured it! Think you’re an A* on that regrowth – had my SCT as a Xmas present and it started sprouting in March after 9 weeks but I have only 1 1/2″ and 2″ in some places – my hair always was thick but this is wavy and trying to curl and is so dark. Not taking my wig off til XMas as I couldn’t bear to look at this unruly mess on a full time basis. Did go for a long walk in the countryside without it and that was fantastic – so I’m choosing my places carefully to be liberated.It sounds very trivial but losing my hair was the worst thing of it all – everyday I look at this strange dark thing on my head and am reminded until I pop my wig on and I feel normal again. Love a wig for work I just pick it up from the floor where I tossed it the night before and I’m good to go in a style I like! Have you tried straighteners on it? my hairs not enough to go in the straiteners yet but I’ll be frizzling it as soon as I can
    Rebecca

Rebecca

Carolsymons
    Participant

Hi Rebecca

My hair isn’t actually that long, maybe 2 inches like yours. I have neither owned nor used straighteners having just a slight wave in my normal hair, so wouldn’t know where to start even! I wore a wig until the last week of school when it was too hot to be bothered, so went with my short curls. Some people at work even said that it suited me, but I think they were just trying to be kind! It is funny that as I am wearing glasses now as well, (thank you steroids for worsening my vision) 2 people I know locally have not recognised me! Don’t know what my family will think when I eventually return to Oz. Still waiting for the bloody contract for my flat so I can book my one way ticket out of London….almost 5 months now…stupid Real Estate system in this country I reckon.

Carol

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘"Give me a head with hair….."’ is closed to new replies.