Good news x

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Amelie 12 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

gina45
    Participant

Hi Everyone, Just thought i would share that mum went to see the consultant and he said he was pleased with mums results from having the revlimid. Her proteins have come down and so has her kidney function so he is happy with that. Mum still feels unwell tired and down and wonders why she isnt feeling better if this is the case. We are positive with her and ask her to give it time to work, hopefully she will start to feel better soon.
    We asked about the nodules on her lungs and Dr Baden said if its the myeloma that is causing them then they will shrink. It may be something else so further down the line they may do another x ray to see whats happenening.
    So some positive some not, but we keep going.
    We have managed to get mum a blue badge to park nearer so she doesnt have to walk as far and we have managed to get some rails put in the house to help her get around.
    Mum goes back to the hospital in 2 weeks so hopefully we will have more good news.
    Hope everyone is ok.
    Take care
    Gina xx

DaiCro
    Participant

Hi Gina,

That is good news. You can tell your Mum from me that I have often felt at my absolute worse after getting good results… it just means that the medicine is doing its work. Unfortunately she is feeling the double whammy of the chemo being active and the accumulated side-effects, especially fatigue, that accompany the drugs at work. Essentially the drugs are making her feel ill, not the disease. The effects of the drugs will wear off but the actual disease will have decreased.. and so it goes on, beating it down until it achieves either complete response or an acceptable plateau.

I had a secondary tumour when I relapsed in January/March and it grew like topsy on my sternum… but the first course of Velcade made it disappear in a few weeks… I was fortunate that the tumour was MM related and I hope the same goes for your Mum. I am unfamiliar with the workings of Revlimid but hopefully it will have the same effect and shrivel up your Mum's nodules in no time. 🙂

Best wishes to you both.

Dai.

brocho
    Participant

Hi Gina what wonderful news! It may have been a bit of a mixed bag but its a very good start to get those numbers down!!Hopefully mum will feel better soon , I agree with Dai the drugs we take are often what make us feel lousy but as your mums system gets used to them it should get better. I hope you can all relax a bit now and go and have some fun , you deserve it lots of love Bridget x

Gill
    Participant

Plaesed to hear your news Gin. Give you mum best wishes from all of us Gillx

BADGER
    Participant

Good News Gina

so glad your mum is reponding the blue badge will help her get around a bit better give her my best wishes 🙂

Love Jo

gina45
    Participant

thank yo so much for your positive replies, you always raise my spirits and i know you all know what you are talking about.
    we have spent the day with mum today and even got a few smiles off her,so result :-).
    i will pass on what you have all told me.
    thank you again.
    Gina xx

Amelie
    Participant

That is the kind of headline we like to see! Congrats!
    Hope she will feel better soon.
    Love
    Amelie

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Good news x’ is closed to new replies.