Got call at las

This topic contains 17 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Dizzyliz 11 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

jmsmyth
    Participant

Hi all

Frank got the long awaited call and goes in on Friday for Hickman. Hopes for transplant next week. Will troll site for info and any tips and info from you will be gratefully received. Have been told that you can bring in own duvet and pillow if new. Anyone done this 🙂

Love Jean x

meganjane
    Participant

Dear Jean and Frank,

HURRAH 🙂 🙂 🙂

I am so glad you finally have the go ahead. If you have any questions please do ask. I know you followed Phil's SCT Journey while I posted but I know every hospital is different so everything I wrote may not apply. The key thing I can think of right now is to have Frank chew ice chips before, during and after the Melphalan as Phil did this and he has had no problems with his mouth at all.

Keep us posted and I am so pleased your wait is finally over.

Megan

eve
    Participant

Hi Jean

All good news,it,s amazing the way time fly,s,will you have far to travel??.
    I would take things in as needed if the room is small,found Slim would drink more out of his own mug.

Sorry have not Ben playing scrabble with you,using I pad as computer. Needs new battery,also have a frozen shoulder plus back problems so waiting on MRI scann,as Slim got better I started to get ill,sods law.

Just in case I am not on for awhile good luck,try not to worry,will catch up with scrabble when I get a new battery.
    Love Eve

BADGER
    Participant

Hello Jean and Frank

the long wait over at last will keep in touch thinking about you all the time GOOD LUCK:-)
    lOVE jo x

mhnevill
    Participant

Hi Jean

So glad that Frank has got his date. I send him my very best wishes. If he has an ipad I am sure he will find it very useful for passing the time.
    I know, from reading the accounts from others, that Frank has a tough time ahead, but I pray it will lead to a very long remission.

Keep strong. Love.

Mavis x

jmsmyth
    Participant

Thank you all for your good wishes frank has not said much but I'm really feeling scared now that it is on us. Our son and his family where supposed to move into their new house next week but they have put it off to keep me company at night. Tried to tell them I will be fine but they are adamant.

Thanks again and I will keep you up to date and probably torture you all with questions

Love Jean xx

jmsmyth
    Participant

Hey Eve

Sorry to hear your under the wearer. Hope you get it sorted soon. Eve on your iPad you can go to the apple store and download "words with friends" there is no charge and at the moment I have about 6 games on the go – America- Australia and my son and grand daughters in Kent

Hope Slim is doing well and hope you feel better soon

Love Jean xx

foxy555
    Participant

Hi Jean

Oh so pleased, at long last!!! I have been checking your posts hoping to see this announcement!!!!!

Pete went in Monday for his SCT.

They had problems fitting the line and so in the end it had to be inserted through his neck. The consultant said that 9 out of 10 lines go in really easy, trust Pete to be the unlucky one. Really upset me last night seeing him in so much discomfort, but today he is on a Chemo drip and really quite chirpy. The actual transplant takes place on Friday.

I am so glad I read all the posts relating to other people, you do in a way know what to expect, but not quite, if you know what I mean.

So all looking good at the moment.

Best wishes to you both and keep in touch

Love Ann

jmsmyth
    Participant

Hi Ann
    Thanks for your post. Co ordinator said they will probably bring him in Monday or Tuesday. Is it general anaesthetic or local? I thought Frank said it was general although co ordinator said he could go home about 2.00pm Ann how long Re they on the chemo drip is it days? I hope to see the co ordinator tomorrow – so will have lots of questions for her

I know exactly what you mean – I did a search on the SCT on the forum- thought I knew all about it but now realise I'm a novice. I was angry T the wait we had but now I'm dreading it and have to say scared!! :-/

It's good to hear that Pete is feeling chirpy. I will cross everything for him and hope he has a smooth ride. Do post and let us know how he is getting on – as he will be just ahead of Frank I can pick up on Amy tips you have

Thanks
    Take care
    Love Jean x

Vicki
    Participant

Hi frank and jean

The chemo that Colin had lasted about 35 minutes! Before the high dose chemo he had lots of other meds/ fluids. I was there when he had the chemo….I was amazed that a little bag for such a short time, could do so much damage! In a good way! There is no doubt it's scary, in different ways for both you and frank but when the end results come it feels so so good, and for that we are all thankful.

When does frank have his line in? When will he be in for the replacement cells. Keep up posted and please if we can help with anything let us know!

Vicki and Colin xxx

tom
    Participant

Jean sent you a PM 🙂 xxx

tom
    Participant

went in wrong place so here it is again Lol

Tom

RE: Got call at las

20-02-2013 at 9:16 PM

Jean sent you a PM xxx

tom
    Participant

Hi Jean and frank

Good Luck with it all
    It will be worth it in the end the results far way out the bad bits, let Frank determine how his body feels each day and go with the flow.

Love and hugs to you both xxx
    Onwards and upwards xxx

jmsmyth
    Participant

Thanks Vicki for the info. We are seeing stem cell co ordinator and consultant tomorrow and the Hickman is put in on Friday. I know all hospitals are different but do they allow wife to stay as long as they want? I am just hoping the PP have dropped to 0 from 2. I seem to be obsessed with them. They said they would bring him in Monday or Tuesday to start the procedure. He keeps telling everyone that he is only staying two weeks :-S .

I was so glad to read about Colin 🙂
    Will keep you all up to date and hope and pray he gets a good result like Colin 😉
    Take care
    Love Jean xx

Vicki
    Participant

Jean

I hope the Hickman line went ok…. The hospital was really good. When Colin was in isolation they let me stay through from one visiting time to another. It was usually 3 to 430 and then again at 6 til 8. I just stayed there all the time, quiet in the corner, and they'd probably say asking lots of questions, :-). I gave the nurses some sweets etc throughout the 3 weeks and that helped, but to be honest they were so good and understand the horrendous pressure throughout that 3 weeks, (or 2 in franks case!).

Keep us posted and so much good luck….the waiting must have been awful….I know we waited too 🙂

Vicki and Colin xx

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Got call at las’ is closed to new replies.