GP letters

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  susie 8 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

susie
    Participant

Hi All

Just a quick question. Does everyone automatically get copies of their consultants letters to your G P’s. ?

When I was being monitored for MGUS I always got a copy of these letters, however since I started treatment I haven’t been sent them, despite my asking consultant twice and his secretary twice. The last time I had to ask at my gp surgery. They gave me copies but were not very happy about it.

Having asked so many times I am now rather paranoid about it, wondering if there is something about my myeloma they don’t want me to know.

Best wishes to all

susie

tonyf
    Participant

I think that you should be receiving a copy of the consultants letter as a matter of course. Mine normally take about 12/14 days after appointment to arrive, always have done.
    Don’t be paranoid, you’ve got enough to worry about!
    Hope you can sort it out.
    Regards
    Tony F

susie
    Participant

Hi Tony

Thanks for your reply.

I shall continue to try and get these letters as they prove a good record to have. As I said, I used to always get them with the MGUS, and that was without asking. Its just weird.

Best Wishes

susie

bandityoga
    Participant

I always ask for a printout of the results and either the consultant or the MacMillan nurse provides this on the same day. It is your right to know about bloods etc, can you see another consultant?

susie
    Participant

Hi Maureen

I’ll remember that about the blood results etc. My consultant always answers any questions I have but he never seems to offer any info. But he is a very pleasant chap and there is only 2 consultants at my hospital. However its something to bear in mind. Thanks

Best wishes

susie

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘GP letters’ is closed to new replies.