Guaranteed over 50s plan insurance cover

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  dickb 10 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

rebeccaR
    Participant

Just seen Michael Parkinson on tv adverting the Guaranteed over 50s plan – pay in £10 a month – no medical questions/exemptions – guaranteed £2990 if you survive over 2 yrs before death and the sum goes up the more you pay a month. Cannot see any exclusions re. terminal illness or any illness that would not pay out after paying in for 2 years. Just wondering are the myloema community using this? in this situation sounds too good to be true (and not had much luck lately!)

eve
    Participant

Hi Rebecca

Well on a personal level,I try not to think that Slim will die or he might just survive 2 years!!!

As for insurance there aim is to fleece you not give you money. Eve

Michele
    Participant

I personally would never take out any sort of insurance like this. Most of them are a con and don't pay back anything like you paid in.

You're better off putting that £10 into your own savings account each month!

Billy
    Participant

i have paid in 80 pounds per month for life insurance with terminal illness cover included for the past 14 years . when i was diagnosed i made a claim as i was finding life very hard they turned down my claim because they said i was not sick enough . i was at a stage 3 with multiple bone damage to hips ribs spine colar bone and skull , how ill do you have to be ????????????????

Regards Billy

dickb
    Participant

For insurance, think gamble. They are betting with you that you will not live/ make a claim. If you do they will look at every possible way to not pay. As Eve says their aim is to fleece you and get rich with your money. I believe you also have to be careful how much you disclose to the public domain, some of these guys will no doubt trawl Facebook and other social networking sites to try and find something they can use to legitimately not pay out. Don't go swimming with sharks and expect not to get bitten.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Guaranteed over 50s plan insurance cover’ is closed to new replies.