Hair Loss

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  annlynn 6 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

deniseb451
    Participant

I was diagnosed with MM in May and I started treatment 3 days after I was told. I had no symptoms apart from a slightly off blood result when I had a well woman check. Very shortly afterwards I had a biopsy and the result was very unexpectedly high. It was all incredibly quick.
    My paraprotein was only at 9.8 and after 2 cycles of VDT it was down to zero.
    After 4 cycles, I am about to start the harvest with a view to SCT in 3 weeks.
    I had my mid-length hair cut short not long after diagnosis and have asked my hairdresser to shave my head when I am due to go in for the transplant (I don’t want to watch it falling out!!).
    I gather that hair loss occurs around 1-2 weeks after the chemo and I am trying to find out how long before it starts to grow again in a meaningful way.

annlynn
    Participant

well I’ve had two transplants first time august  hair was back in by end April and looked strong and great  y the time I went  to ascot in June   2014 this time my transplant was June  2017and its starting to grow now  I’m expecting a hair style and dye by Feb. hopefully.  love musings now though just been to tenerife for two weeks wore a Rachel Welch one  of one would ever know. good luck. xxx annlynne

annlynn
    Participant

that was meant to say love my wigs now ha xx

deniseb451
    Participant

Thanks annlynn. I was planning to not have wigs – not sure why I’ve just taken against them. I’ll see how I go.

I am though, really heartened by the fact that you went to tenerife so soon. I had just started to feel like me again after finishing the VDT cycles a couple of weeks ago then I started my jabs for the harvest and am feeling off colour again. Nothing major, I’m just fed up of feeling under the weather (especially since I had no symptoms so felt perfectly healthy before the treatment!).

You’ve cheered me up xxx

• This reply was modified 6 years, 7 months ago by  deniseb451.

annlynn
    Participant

denise  The harvest jabs are awful but worth the rotten feeling when you get a good harvest honestly . And as far as going to tenerife so soon  I had my transplant 6th June was in for 15long days newcastle freeman hospital  needed to get well quickly my daughter got married 1st September  and.  was determined to do her proud  !!! both her and my son and of course  my husband have been my rock  during my myeloma journey.. I try to get away as long as I feel well only because this illness is so unpredictable and it can knock us when we least expect it  keep your chin up you’ll get there !!! best wishes annlynne

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Hair Loss’ is closed to new replies.