Happy Christmas Day

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  mhnevill 12 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

DaiCro
    Participant

Wherever you are, whatever you are doing I wish you all the happiest possible Christmas Day. 🙂

I know that some of us will feel healthier than others and that feeling physically under par can seriously undermine your general well-being… but I truly hope that you can find a quiet corner inside yourself that allows you to see and feel the love that surrounds you… and that for me is the true spirit of Christ's Day.8-)

Celebrate life, celebrate love and let all else do what it wills.;-)

Much love to you all. xxx 🙂 😀 🙂

Dai.

eve
    Participant

Hi Dai
    Merry Christmas and here,s to a good new year,this Christmas I was thinking it must be better than last year when Slim was so ill,well it was a bit better,Slim managed to eat half his dinner and was falling a sleep at the table,grand kids thought it was hilarious ,after tip toeing around him for a hour decided to take him home,boxing day came and went.:-(

How have you been effected since coming off Velcade,Slim thought he would feel much better,instead he now sleeps more day and night,has heavy legs (his words )and can go hot to cold in seconds,as you are not posting much,do not have any knowledge of what to expect.can you help,is this normal.Eve:-P

DaiCro
    Participant

Hi Eve,

My Birthday was on Xmas Eve and I spent most of the day out… the same for Xmas Day and Boxing Day. I enjoyed the first two but was glad to get home on Boxing Day… I had had enough.:-)

A big plus has been my appetite which is as good now as at any time since I first fell ill. I too have felt very tired since coming off Velcade and my sleeping patterns are shot to pieces… although I am trying to get them straight.

I thought that my PN would improve slowly since finishing treatment but no signs of easing as yet… my legs also feel particularly 'heavy' so I understand Slim's condition. I have also suffered from the sweats… sometimes having to change my top two or three times a day… somedays are good and some bad… there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason. I am trying to increase my fitness levels, very slowly, because the temptation to stay home and sit around is too easy to give in to. I have also been suffering with eczema… especially around the sweat glands on my face but Eumovate fixes that.

I honestly believe that 80% of my niggles stems from my PN… including the dodgy sleep patterns… I don't want to use sleeping tablets but they are the only way of getting a decent night's sleep… any suggestions on that score deeply appreciated. I should state that my PN problems increased by 50/60% during Velcade.:-)

Xmas has been good and although I enjoyed the festive family days I am really loving the past couple of days of Janet, treats and the TV.

Much love and best regards to Slim.

Dai.

eve
    Participant

Hi Dai
    Well you seem to be doing well getting out and about,happy belated birthday wishers,are you one of these people who only get one present instead of two because your birthday is close to christmas?????

Slims sleep patten was all over the place awake in the early hours and tired and cat napping in the day,doctor gave him a very mild tablet to take said it was a ante depression tablet that they use as a sleeping pill,it did the trick but is asleep all night and still tired and cat napping may be it takes time to take hold,just trying to get some normality to his sleep patten.
    His best time is morning eats well and goes for a walk with the dog,but by the afternoon,feels the cold and has heavy legs never suffered from PN just very sensitive legs.
    Skin has just started to go very dry on his face so using a oil based cream.

I think when he began to feel not right over christmas,we assumed the worst,then as he felt better,we have assumed it was a sip of champagne and the glass of wine he had,he did tell me today the tablet for sleeping said no drinking!!!!!!I have to watch him like a hawk,his weight fluctuates on a daily bases,so its a battle to put some weight on him.
    We see consultant on 6th so,all results should be in,and we will know were he stands,looking on the positive side and they are now talking about an appointment for Kings in London to consider SCT,

Anyway Dai enjoy the rest of the Christmas holidays,wishing Janet and you a happy new year.love Eve.

brocho
    Participant

Hi Dai sorry I missed your birthday post but good to hear you enjoyed yourself , I wouldnt expect any less of you! Sorry cant help with the pn problem although mine did go away after a few months of stopping Velcade and I remember thinking it was taking forever too I really enjoyed christmas and having 2 daughters ,grandson and dog to stay but they all went home tonight and it is heaven to stretch out on the sofa watching tv in peace It is official I am a couch potato! love to you and Janet and happy new year Bridget x

mhnevill
    Participant

Hi Dai

Thanks for your greetings and a belated birthday wish from me too!

Sorry things are still tough for you. Do hope the PN subsides soon. I can imagine how difficult it must be for you having had some nerve damage in my legs some years ago. It is still difficult to get comfortable at night. Do you take any medication for the PN? I do hope, that underneath all this, the Velcade is doing some good magic and knocking out those dratted MM cells – it needs to be worthwhile for all the side effects you are having. Hope your influenza bout is now over.

A happy, healthy and musical New year to you and Janet.

Mavis x

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Happy Christmas Day’ is closed to new replies.