Hello Everyone

This topic contains 10 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  tom 12 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

graham
    Participant

Hello to you all.

I thought it was about time I joined this excellent forum! My name is Graham and I was diagnosed with myeloma in February 2005. After a few cycles of CTD I had a Stem Cell Transplant in November 2006. I relapsed around October 2010 and have just finished 5 cycles of CVD and a couple of CRD.
    I'm currently trying to harvest some more stem cells for later use and am on day 7 of GCSF injections to try and get the cells mobilised. My CD34 count hasn't been high enough to harvest today or yesterday,so I'm hoping for better luck tomorrow!

tom
    Participant

Hi Graham
    Sorry you had to join us, but you have joined a great band of folk that throws Humor and commonsense into the threads πŸ˜€

Hope your count soon picks up and you get a great harvest.

Tom "Onwards and Upwards" πŸ™‚

gina45
    Participant

Hi Graham, sorry you have had to join the forum but welcome.its my mum who has the mm and i am her carer with my sister.
    I hope your count raises and everything goes well for you.
    Take care
    Gina x

eve
    Participant

Hi Graham,
    My first thoughts on reading your post,your 2005 and relapse 2010,and wondered how you have managed to cope with this all this time,family and friends are good,but its people on the same journey who understand.:-)
    You are further on your journey,than my husband,but I can see you are going to be a great asset to this site,and I hope in turn people will be able to help you.;-)
    I hope they manage a good harvest for you,some people on here are,going along the route of no SCT,It,s a hard call.There are new drugs coming along all the time.
    You do not give your age,but you look young,you might think about joining the under 50 as well,they seem to have a good group,and when you feel like kicking off,as we all do,you can get away with it:-P
    So its welcome to the journey,I hope you enjoy the company Eve

graham
    Participant

Thank you for your kind replies.
    Eve, I would love to join the under 50s forum but unfortunately I'll get thrown off as I'm 55. My profile photo was taken last summer – it hasn't been "photoshopped" but I look a bit older now, thanks to the ravages of Velcade and Dexamethasone!!

brocho
    Participant

Hi Graham welcome Can I just say if you are young of heart and mind they laet you into the under 50 group , this is from me a 56 yr old who joined ! Seriously there may be relevant work or lifistyle issues better suited to the under 50sif so just let Scotty or Phil know your e-mail address This site is brilliant too , so many lovely people to support you whether you are a patient , carer , sibling or child Its not all gloom and doom either good news and even a healthy dose of silly humour all goes down well Take care and look forward to your post Bridget x

eve
    Participant

Hi Graham
    If Tom can do it you can,do not think they are a strict bunch,you have different issues when your younger with families,work and money so still worth trying,they can only say NO,and that,s nothing with all the other issues.:-S
    If it is any help to you,at this time your face looks ravaged and you look into that mirror,it does get better," my husband has stopped looking like death warmed up" LOL he started at 12 1/2 stone and 6ft1in,then went to 9 1/2 st and 5ft 8in,I cannot tell you the joy of seeing him put on a stone.
    So be bold ask to join. Eve

CarolBradley1
    Participant

Hello Graham

Just wanted to extend a very warm welcome to you. Seems we were diagnosed in the same year but I only had my stem cell transplant in Feb of this year and after further velcade am now in remission.

Good luck with the Harvest and very best wishes – hoping that the GMX has produced lots of the little wrigglers for future transplant!

ItΒ΄s a pretty stressful time for you and we send our prayers and best wishes to help you through the next few weeks.
    Love Carol xxx

DaiCro
    Participant

Hi Graham,

Welcome to the forum, by the looks and sounds of it you have as much if not more experience than most on here. Your Stem Cell mobilization is interesting… how many did you have left from your original harvest?

Dai.

Gill
    Participant

Hi Graham and Welcome. If you want to join the under 50s I am sure you would be welcome. I didn't realise that so many of the old duffers on here had snuck in:-)

YOU ALL KNOW WHO YOU ARE:-S

You have had mm for a long time and I am sorry that you have to go through treatment again. Good luck with your Stem Cell Harvest I hope it goes well.

Do let us all know how you are doing

Gillx

tom
    Participant

Hey Graham

I am in on the "Under 50's" and am 56 πŸ˜€ yep 56 its a place I go to to use some words that you cant use on here πŸ˜€ if you know what I mean πŸ™‚ never known anyone not accepted good bunch of cussers in their though so be warned lol πŸ˜›

Tom (never too old for the under 50's) "Onwards and Upwards"

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Hello Everyone’ is closed to new replies.