Hello…looking for advise

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  kay1962 7 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

kay1962
    Participant

Hi my mum is into her second cycle of chemo etc for MM

She is feeling very unwell, sick, no appetite, tired

we can’t get her to understand about the anti sickness tablets, she is losing weight

can’t seem to get anyone to take control, would she be a candidate for early intervention team ?

kay

davidainsdale
    Participant

Hi Kay

Sorry to hear that your mum is feeling so unwell.

You don’t say what type of chemo your mum is on. There are lots of different drug combinations and dosages, so the effects can vary quite a bit from one person to another.

The best advice is always to speak to the doctors or nurses at the hospital or the Myeloma UK helpline, they are the experts. This is what they are there for. There may be other options which you could discuss with the medical team.

In my case, I was on CTD for six cycles. Managed quite well for the first two and then started to notice side effects, but not the ones you mention.

Hope this helps.

David

kay1962
    Participant

David, thank you so much for taking the time to write

I think my mum is reluctant to take more tab, and the anti sickness ones that she was given initially aren’t doing the job…doc just been in and she has new tablets…..hope it makes a difference

if the sickness was under control, then her appetite would improve..then her weight gain

it’s a vicious cycle

thank you

Kay

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Hello…looking for advise’ is closed to new replies.