HELP

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  jim2539 4 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

josie123
    Participant

HELP
    I’ve been undergoing monitoring i.e. and MRI and 2 ultrasound scans for profound lymph nodes over the last 6 months via a referral to a Ear, Nose and Throat Consultant. At the end of last year he ran various blood tests given the profound lymph nodes and lack of any obvious infection. The only other symptoms I have is fatigue but I do have an under active thyroid and pain but mainly in my joints i.e. ankles, knees and wrists. I also have Ulcerative Colitis which my basic bloods get monitored regularly and although my ESR is raised my anaemia is good. Basically I had a follow up yesterday with the ENT consultant and the blood tests he has ran are suggesting Myeloma!! He is urgently referring me to a heamatologist but my questions are could he be correct and should he be saying that to me? Has anyone been in a similar situation? I’ve had one very sleepless night and heading for a few more scared is not the word! 😢

jim2539
    Participant

Hi Josie, by now you’ve probably been diagnosed, but just in case you have not, multiple myeloma is diagnosed and confirmed by a haematologist, with light chain counts etc, then later a bone marrow biopsy. I know it is a frightening situation, but as my consultant said to me, we can treat it. No health scare or diagnosis is ideal, but at least with this one it’s not completely doom and gloom

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.