Help, VMP or new drugs?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  greg777 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

mastantuf
    Participant

Hi, I write from Italy. My mother ha diagnosed with multiple myeloma two weeks ago.

We are facing a crossroad because we must decide if follow the traditional therapy VMP based on Melphalan, Prednisone and Velcade or follow a new therapy based on new drugs as isatuximab lenalidomide and desametasone.

Please, tell me your experience.

Thank you

greg777
    Participant

Hi Mastantuf,

Welcome to the forum, although I am sorry for the reason you had to find it. I have had 4 of the 6 drugs you mention. I think a lot of the time it can depend on the dosage of the drug, but generally speaking I found melphalan and prednisone to be the worst. The former gave me very bad stomach problems and the latter significantly altered my moods. But I did have high doses with both. I found I tolerated velcade very well with no noticeable side-effects but I know others have had bad side effects with that drug. Dex was also fine for me – some altered mood and increased appetite but generally well tolerated. I have not had the other 2 drugs but i’m sure someone will be along soon who has.

Hope this helps in some way.

Greg

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Help, VMP or new drugs?’ is closed to new replies.