Hi Eve

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  BADGER 10 years ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

BADGER
    Participant

Hi Eve
    it was nice to hear from you are you ok we all ask about slim which is important but how are you its been hard these last few years for you as well My kidneys are hanging on bu a thread as is the sword 3 weeks to the next appointment the fistula went narrow so another 1 1/2 hours with my arm hanging out on an operating table while they put balloons up it my arm is a bruised mess I havn’t posted much as it took me ages to get on the damn system after they changed it so I got out of the habit I spoke to someone from MM uk and had a moan. I asked if we could get a holiday abroad but the consultant said no what a shame
    Bye for now
    Love Jo xx

eve
    Participant

Hi Jo

Lovely to hear from you.

I miss the holidays as well,but it is out of the question here as well,I did think about trying to book a break in bournmouth at the hotel for cancer patients it’s something to do with the Mac Milan site,but it’s not the sought of holiday Slim wants,in his mind he thinks we can still go in are Motor Home,but with him not being able to do much,the hard work falls on me,so no holiday.

Yesterday Slims first appointment was 8.50,this involved a 6am start,we arrived at the hospital at 8.30,but nothing went to plan,Slim was drained and so tired and angry,we were told the Velcade had no chance of being up until after 11.30!!!!,when you rush to keep the appointment time and you sit there for hours it’s wearing,any way,we now will go in for 2pm,we just came home yesterday and went to bed,hence this posting at 1 am.

I am looking forward to my daughter coming back from NZ,the whole family have been so busy lately,we have not had time to catch up,so this will be good,Kent looks lovely this time of year with the blossom and fields of rape,just waiting for the blue bells!!its the smell I love,it all lifts the spirit after winter.

Your poor arms must be black and blue!!!!, are they expecting your kidneys to recover,and are you limited on your fluids!!!,with all this you are wondering how I am!!! I know you have your faith which must hold everything together,the only thing I feel is tiredness,but I know given time I will recover from that.

I agree with you the changers on the site I have not liked them,so like you tend not to post,plus we are old hands now in the Myeloma Bubble,this site is about hope but at Slims stage it’s about buying time,loosing Dai was a big one for me.i am going to send you a personal message Jo,through Myeloma UK. Love Eve

Vicki
    Participant

Hi Jo and eve,

Sorry to hear you both (and slim) are having a rough time.myelomas hard but when there are kidney issues as well it must be a real burden! It’s funny how we all float on in life until this Big Bang myeloma rears it’s ugly head…..don’t know bout you but I’ve forgotten what life was like without it!

Hoping that things improve for you all

Vicki and Colin x

eve
    Participant

Hi Vicki and Collin

Good to see you are still going strong,plus started having holidays!!!if it was me,you would not see me for dust,although I realise things are different for everyone. I suppose it was because are life was one long holiday before Myeloma,or should I say it was just a way of life????

Make the most of what you have got!!!and I hope the myeloma stays locked in the cupboard for a long time,do not have any regrets.Love Eve and the better half Slim.

BADGER
    Participant

HI Vicki and Colin
    thanks for your kind thoughts I seemed to have managed the MM better than the kidney issues strange but true
    Keep well love Jo

BADGER
    Participant

HI EVE
    my home mail address is mamajo.russell3@gmail.com
    love jox

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Hi Eve’ is closed to new replies.