Hickman Line

This topic contains 26 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Helen 11 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author

Ali
    Participant

Hi Helen

I can totally understand the devastation of losing your hair – apart from the chemotherapy it has been my Mums worst fear. We tried at first to find something that matched Mums hair exactly, which of course was never going to happen. So she got one that our hairdresser could cut, but unfortunately she got a bit scissor happy – you know what they are like sometimes. So eventually shes got another one (off the tinternet) one much shorter than her own hair but the same colour. It looks mint, so much so that my auntie took it so that her hairdresser could copy it!.

Thankyou for your words "soon it will be all done" Yes you are right and bring it on.

Your hair looks lovely by the way. Are you feeling better now after your bug?

Lov Ali x

Ali
    Participant

Hi Vicky and Colin

Just wishing all goes well on Monday for your appt with the nurse.

Love Ali x

Helen
    Participant

Hi Ali
    I'm much better now thanks, Though back to sleeping all day and awake all night, got to start sorting that out again! Thanks for the compliment too:-)
    Love Helen

eve
    Participant

Hi Ali
    Good to hear things are going ok with your mum,
    You make sure you take it easy as when this is over ,I think it,s when the hard work begins for the person who is doing the caring,it can be a very emotional thing as well as being aware that it takes so much energy away from your mum.
    I kept the Grandchildren away for the first month,and anyone who had a cold i might have been over protective but its so easy,to become ill in a short space of time,Slim still does not do shops,which he enjoys not doing lol, still feels the cold although it,s very hot here in SE Kent. Eve

Ali
    Participant

Hi Helen,

I know when Mum was on Rev/Dex she had a hard time sleeping at the right time! Is there a possibility of adding a sleeping pill to your meds? I know Mums planning on asking if she gets the Rev maintenance treatment after SCT. Surely you would feel better after a good nights sleep?. I know im like a bear with a sore head if I dont sleep well at night. Are you going back to work phased return yet?.

Love Ali x

tom
    Participant

Hi Ali

Am also pleaed your Mum is doing good and I bet your Dad enjoyed his Bacon and Eggs.

Kepp strong and take care of yourself.

Eve I love shopping 😉 but not food nor clothes I love "Junk Shops and car boots lol Elaine (the young Bride) says give over we have thrown better away we dont need to buy it Lol, and she is correct Lol but it looks so good laid on a old rickity table in a field ha ha.

Week end nearly over so enjoy trhe forthcomming week

Love to you all

Tom "Onwards and Upwards" xxx

Ali
    Participant

HI Eve

I hope that Slim is doing much better now, are things settling down abit for you? Yes, I bet he is really upset at not going into shops!

I find it very hard to take it easy! at the best of times. Im lucky I suppose that I have my two lovely kids and a very supportive hubby at home to take my mind off of things. My work have been good and although im entitled to carers leave:-( are very good and will allow short notice annual leave if required.

Mums also lucky in that she has my Dad. She has already decided where she will and will not go at the moment. No supermarkets or crowded or enclosed spaces. I will watch my kids and any sniffles I will keep them away! I want to be there as much as I can for my Mum, as I know she would do the same for me and more 🙂 We are a very close family and we will all rally round.

Love Ali x

Helen
    Participant

Hi Ali
    Yes I go back on a phased return thankfully. I'm not good at sleeping at the best of times but when ive been ill i sleep during the day more, i think its about having done lots of night duty in the past:-( but the revlimid I'm on as maintenance is on its own, no dex- that's the one which keeps you awake, so I find I sleep well enough if I take it at 9 ish at night. Is your mum on the myeloma xi trial? That's the only way you have a 50/50 chance of being on revlimid as maintenance at the minute.
    Love Helen

tmc
    Participant

Hi Ali,
    I am so glad your mum is home and happy that the 24hour cyclo drip is over.
    Her own hair will regrow very quickly so the darn wig won't be too much of a problem for her I hope.

Eliz I am so sorry to hear about your awful back trouble just like so many with MM the back seems to be the spot if attacks..

Eve you are right the caring after all the treatments is the hardest part.

Helen so sorry to hear your aleeping is backwards but glad you are feeling much better now and going back to work slowly.

We all have such different lives once MM enters our old life.
    Love Teresa.

Ali
    Participant

HI Tom

Yes he did enjoy the bacon and eggs, dont think Mum could quite manage it though lol! xx

Ali
    Participant

Hi Helen

Yes shes on the myeloma xi trial. Rev/Dex/Cyclophosphomide to start with. Mum doesnt sleep well either – even before the Myeloma. Its always a talking point, how much shes been awake at night, my Nana is the same (oh what ive got to look forward to!) Hoping after the SCT is over she will get the Revlimid as maintenence although I thinks shes enjoying her sense of taste at the moment.

I think I saw somewhere that you are a nurse Helen? Hope the phased return goes well for you:-)

Love Alisonx

Helen
    Participant

Thanks Ali and Theresa
    Wednesday is D day barring further acts of god!
    Love Helen

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Hickman Line’ is closed to new replies.