Holiday or not?

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  annlynn 8 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

julianprotheroe
    Participant

I was diagnosed in June with MM and had 6 of 8 velcade treatments.  I could not finish the course as it made me so ill. I am now feeling better and raring to go on holiday but my pp level is rising slowly.  It is now 13 and I will have to have more treatment if it rises to 15.

i just want to plan something to look forward to.I know I cant get insurance for myeloma related illnesses. How do other people feel or do you have suggestions or experiences? Blow the insurance and go any way on a cruise and get some enjoyment and something to look forward to?

I am not very good on the computer and my son Julian protheroe set this up for me and I have seen his name come up but it is me Margaret Payne who is the user.

Many thanks

Mag

annlynn
    Participant

hello. margaret. i have myeloma. diagnosed in january 2014 had six month cdt treatment. got pp down BOOKED A HOLIDAY had a sct august 2014 hospital for seventeen days worked hard at getting well felt canny. by november. BOOKED A HOLIDAY. your getting the drift here. yes we need something to look forward to. little goals. little treats seventeen months now in remmision my protiens are rising slowley. but im aware more treatment will be on the cards eventually. but im. booked now for lanzarote. march 6th. insurance. yes you. can!!!! my tsb insurance a r e aware of my diagnoses im insured with them. and lots of people on here book with otyer companys. but im sure someone will pop up and name them for you you may pay a wee bit more but shop about and youlk get something. get booking. great fun on these windy cold days. Andy on this forum tels us every days a gift and its very true. good luck hope you get something nice then if youre starting more treatment youve got a good memory behind you. xx. best wishes. Ann Lynne.

julianprotheroe
    Participant

Thanks very much for your words. They gave me hope and help.

Mag X

annlynn
    Participant

staysure. and insurandgo. are two that come to mind. x

rebeccaR
    Participant

Hi Mag, Since having MM I have not bothered with travel insurance when travelling in Europe – following my consultants advice. I go when I am well and doubt whether MM would ever need immediate treatment whilst on hols – and I guess I would just book a plane home pronto if necessary. I tried once and found the cost/questioning didn’t really do it for me. I know that means I risk repatriation costs etc if I get run over but what are the odds? (famous last words!). I feel I am careful with my lifestyle, drink and diet so do not want to bump up the cost of cheap hols unnecessarily and you do have the EU card to use. If I had to fly home early I think I have saved that already by not having it. I think when comparing costs the cheaper ones are only good if they payout ok. Be careful to ensure they have full, comprehensive details of all your medical else they may try and wriggle out of paying even if its not MM related. Good luck

Rebecca

Rebecca

jmsmyth
    Participant

Mag my hubby was diaganosed in 2006 with smouldering myeloma. Had SCT in March 2013 – thank God in remission. The only time we stopped holidaying was during SCT and for 3 months after. We have cruised and holidayed in Europe. We have a yearly policy with All Clear. Only place haven’t been back to is America as insurance is too high. We are also off to Lanzarote on 6 March. My hubby wouldn’t travel without insurance. But I remember an MM sufferer who visited France quite often said “I’m not going to wake up one morning and find I have an acute attack of myeloma”. There are loads of insurance companies to take on MM sufferers. The forum have a list of insurers you could have a look at. We holiday as often as we can. ENJOY – go for it. Need things to look forward to

Hope you get something sorted soon
    Jean

annlynn
    Participant

i agree with you jean i said exactly the same to Margaret looking forward is the only way to cope i think .. Were going to lanzarote on 6 march also were you staying ??? annlynne. im pleased to hear your husband is still in remmission

jmsmyth
    Participant

Hi annlynn. Going to playa blanca to Volcan. You?

annlynn
    Participant

yes Jean playa blanca flyi g from manchester coudnt get flights from newcastle for ten days so driving down to manchester on the sat for the nine o clock morning flight staying in the rubicon palace. xx really looking forward to. it. Ann

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Holiday or not?’ is closed to new replies.