Holidays

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  susie 7 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

susie
    Participant

Hi All

With me about to start retreatment I have a holiday booked for September and just wanted to know if many of you go away on holiday while on treatment. Also do they stop drugs while you’re away, especially if on Velcade.

Best wishes

Susie

annlynn
    Participant

hy susie. ive. had many. holidays. during. my journey but usually planned them to coincide. with the end of. treatment i do know people who have had there medication. with them. and. conti ued with it. it will probably depend. on. were your. traveling. to and how well you ceel on. treatment. good.luck. annlynne

jeff605
    Participant

Susie, I am in the same situation, cant get insurance while taking meds, talked to the consultant about it, if I am well enough will be able to have a drugs holiday for a month or so and should then be able to get insured. but won’t know until close to holiday so have taken a chance and paid!! Might lose it, I did try several insurers but always ended up with same answer, no go. Have you talked to your consultant? Ive bought a campervan so will be able to get away in Britain at least!! Good luck, let us know how you get on Jeff

julianprotheroe
    Participant

Hi suzie

i have insurance through my nat west select silver card.  I think it cost about £380 for the two of us for 12 months European travel (£50 each for being over 70).  I am covered for myeloma and various other ailments although I was on watch and wait when I took out the insurance but they did not ask about any further treatment.  Might be worth a try.  Good luck!

susie
    Participant

Thanks for your replies guys. I’m not going abroad in September just to Cornwall. Just wondered how others cope if they go away whilst on treatment. And if meds are stopped while away.

Best wishes

susie

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Holidays’ is closed to new replies.