Hot feet, Tight Chest, Sick Feeling

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  ed-209 5 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

ed-209
    Participant

Second week into Chemotherapy which started almost immediately after being diagnosed.

Should these symptoms that have come on after be a warning for anything?

Hot/Swollen feet
    Tight Chest, feels like no air getting into lungs
    Sickness with headaches.

Thank you for any correspondence.

finn
    Participant

Hi Stu
    That sounds like kidney problems. What chemo is she having? Do you know if she has light chain myeloma?

ed-209
    Participant

I believe it is heavy chain,

She is on

Dexamethasone
    Thaildomide
    CO-Trimoxzole
    Aciclovir
    Clexane
    Metoclopramide
    Levofloxacin
    AdCal
    Allopurinol

Yes you are right about Kidneys, She was kept at Hospital last night and is in again tonight, was only diagnosed 2 weeks ago, hopefully she is not going to be one of the unlucky ones.
    I have no idea about life expectancy as doctors say nothing, she is confused and maybe in a slight denial only wanting to hear the good news. As she is only 56, so pretty young in my opinion compared to what I hear from this illness.

Thanks for your message, and hopefully I will get some good news today.

finn
    Participant

I hope she is feeling better after the hospital visits. I wondered if she was on Carfilzomib as this drug could cause kidney problems. But if the drugs are not the cause, it can be that proteins produced by the myeloma cells are accumulating in the kidney. This should improve when the treatment reduces myeloma cells. By the way, are Thalidomide and Dexamethasone really the only chemo she is having? No Velcade (bortezomib) infusions? These three are usually given together as the first line treatment.

ed-209
    Participant

Hi thanks, the doctor thinks it could be a drug for gout that they are giving her, and she has a acute kidney injury, so I guess fairly serious doubled down with the Myeloma.

And also she is getting more drugs but goes into the hospital to get them administered, they are just the ones I know the names of.

tmcintyre
    Participant

As Finn says, Velcade is usually the first line of treatment. It is an injection into the tummy, initially twice a week and then once a week. Very quick and painless. Its early days for your mum, things will settle. Mu husband was 57 when diagnosed,

Teresa

ed-209
    Participant

Hi thanks for the reply, I think the weekly one was bortezomib every Friday, however since she has been admitted to hospital this has become every Friday and Tuesday.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.