How are you Jet

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Jet 12 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Min
    Participant

Just wondering how you are as know you were preparing for harvest a few weeks ago. Getting worried by your silence.
    Min

Gill
    Participant

I too was hoping for posts from Jet. I think she was going through the mill about now. Fingers crossed for her Gill

BADGER
    Participant

Yes fingers crossed for you Jet hopeing all is well with you I have looked at your blog you havn't posted for a couple of weeks
    Love Jo;-)

DaiCro
    Participant

I quite often see her at City Hospital, Nottingham but not for about 4/6 weeks come to think about it. I have been attending the day case unit, yards away from the consultation rooms and where the Stem Cell Harvests are carried out… but I haven't seen her in there either. I'll keep an eye out on Monday.

Dai.

Jet
    Participant

Hi Min, Gill, Jo and Dai

Thank you all for your thoughts. You've not seen me on here because I've been out and about, having fun and I have to say, I often find this forum a bit depressing, so tend to avoid it. That may change when I'm feeling less lively, I guess.

I only noticed this thread because Gill sent me a private message. Sorry if you thought I was ignoring you. I'm touched that you're all thinking of me.

I had a very successful stem cell harvest – they managed to get 5 million of the wee b*ggers out of me, over two days. And I got a lovely rich blood transfusion to boost me up, for my troubles. It wasn't at all painful or difficult. My friend got very proficient with the GCSF injections the week before. The insertion of the Hickman line was the least pleasant aspect and it has been a bit uncomfortable at times, but it's all fine at the moment.

I went away the weekend after the harvest for a family party, which was lovely and now have a few weeks off before I go into hospital for the dreaded high dose chemo and transplant. Then you can really think of me and send good vibes – I think I may need them.

I've had a lot of hair loss from the chemo for boosting stem cell production, so after the weekend, we shaved it all off and I'm going boldly bald, except when it's cold and I have to wear a hat/scarf. Fortunately, it looks good on me and I love the look and feel of it, so all's well for now. 🙂

If you want to know more about what's going on for me, you're welcome to read and subscribe to my blog: jetblackliving.wordpress.com. It's almost up to date. But it's fine if you don't wish to.

Haha to Dai – "quite often" – LOL! I think we've seen each other at the hospital once! And once at the Info Day. Hope it's all going well for you. I was in there yesterday actually for a quick line flush and chat with Dr Jenny Byrne. She told me that my biopsy results show only 1% myeloma in my bone marrow, so I'm officially in remission!!!! Hurray!

Best wishes to all of you and here's hoping your experiences are as untroubling as mine is so far.

Jet x

DaiCro
    Participant

'Haha to Dai – "quite often" – LOL! I think we've seen each other at the hospital once! And once at the Info Day.' 😀

Well I have only known of you a few months… 🙂 and actually its the Info day, plus twice at the hospital… we came out from our consultancy meeting and you were in the large waiting room… but you were head down, deep in conversation, so we didn't disturb you.;-)

I'm so glad that your Harvest experience was so positive… I hope the transplant is as successful… with little to write home about and out before you know it… some are like that. 🙂

Best Wishes

Dai.

Jet
    Participant

Thanks Dai!

I had a nice chat with an AML patient in the clinic the other day. I was in on a Thursday instead of Monday, so a different set of patients – less people, but a lot more bald heads at that clinic! 🙂

She's going to be on the same ward as me at the same time – bone marrow transplant for her while I have my stem cells transplanted. We said we'd ask after each other, but probably won't be able to see each other, as we'll both be so vulnerable – we could potentially kill each other. But who knows, if it goes smoothly, we might be able to wave through a door or something.

If you see me another time at the hospital, please do say hi. 🙂

Best wishes
    Jet

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘How are you Jet’ is closed to new replies.