Hypogammaglobulinemia

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  paulapurple 2 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

paulapurple
    Participant

Anyone else been diagnosed with this?
    I was diagnosed with it when I was first diagnosed with Myeloma and Non Hodgkin’s Lymphoma (I had both at the same time) but it has recently become Severe Hypogammaglobulinemia, which is much worse. It’s a problem with the immune system that prevents it from making enough antibodies. Obviously this renders me extremely vulnerable to any infections and despite my having all my jabs it’s highly unlikely that I will make any antibodies. I suffer with lots of minor infections and anything major is extremely dangerous. I should be having weekly infusions of Ivig, immunoglobulins made from donated blood plasma, but there is a national shortage so I am unable to have any. I have been put on Prophylactic antibiotics as this is all they can do. I’m basically back to shielding as I can’t take any risks, especially at the moment with the state Accident and Emergency departments and the NHS are in due to the pandemic and chronic under funding.
    It would be nice to be able to talk to someone ‘in the same boat’.

Thanks

Paula

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.